A Fresh Start, Pt. 2

"So... tell me what you did these holidays?"

Jieun bit her lower lip as Yoojung asked her the question she wasn't ready to share just yet. "I... um... well..."

"Annyeong."

The trio turned around as they heard a familiar deep voice coming from behind them.

"Taehyung-ah!" Jimin beamed as he jumped up excitedly, throwing his arm around his best friend's shoulder. "I missed you so much- woah, dude- I think you grew taller-"

"You just shrank, dude," Taehyung laughed. He turned to the girls, his smile fading when his eyes fell on Jieun. "Oh- Annyeong, Yoojung, Jieun."

"Annyeong!" Yoojung smiled happily. "It's nice to see you again, Taehyung-ah."

Jimin sniggered as he mumbled under his breath. "It's nice to see you both on good terms for a short while before you guys start warming up and fighting in an hour from now."

"Annyeong, Taehyung-ah," Jieun smiled. "Thank you for drinking with me that night, I was so troubled and it really helped to have you-"

"You guys drank together?!" Yoojung hopped up and down, looking genuinely mad. "Without me?! Ya-! Kim Taehyung, how dare you steal my best friend- she's mine- not yours, you buttface-"

"I was really overestimating when I said an hour, wasn't I," Jimin grunted, pulling Yoojung away before she laid a finger on Taehyung. "Come on, it's time to go."

"Ya-! Kim Taehyung- I won't forgive you- Wait till you come to class-"

Yoojung's voice slowly trailed off as Jimin physically dragged her away.

Jieun laughed. "Nothing really has changed."

"Is that so?"

Jieun turned, only to see Taehyung staring right down at her. She chuckled awkwardly, touching her face. "Why are you staring at me like that? Is there something on my face or something?"

"Don't you remember what happened?"

"What?" Jieun laughed nervously. "When?"

"That night, when I called Jungkook to come over and I left," Taehyung bit his lower lip. "You don't remember?"

Jieun was slightly flustered as she laughed again nervously. "I really don't know what you're talking about. Did I do something wrong that night?"

"You-" Taehyung frowned. "You really don't remember?"

Jieun laughed, as she shook her head, trying to recall what happened that night. "No, I really don't. Ah, the alcohol must have killed my memory or something. Oh no, I must have made a mistake, didn't I?"

A few seconds passed as Taehyung stared right down at Jieun, not uttering a single word.

Jieun frowned as she waved a hand in front of Taehyung's face. "Tae? Are you alright?"

Taehyung snapped right back to attention, a smile spreading across his face. "Ah, yes! Of course I am."

Jieun laughed. "You're a bit off today."

"I must be not used to waking up early in the morning," Taehyung chuckled. "I've been waking up at like noon everyday since the break started."

"Ah..." Jieun laughed. "Yeah, don't worry. I can relate. But... what were you talking about earlier? Did I really make a mistake? Did I drunk talk? Did I hit you? Did I-"

"No, it's nothing," Taehyung waved his hands, before shoving them into his pockets. "I was pulling your leg. We just drank until late then I had to leave because I was afraid that my parents would find out. So I called Jungkook to go instead."