Happy

We spent all night texting each other. We had planned out our next date on Wednesday. We were having a movie night at my house and Eren was picking up takeout. I can't wait for Wednesday. I texted him one last time to tell him I was heading to bed which I instantly received a goodnight text back from him. I smiled as I put my phone on the charger for the night.

What is wrong with me? I'm acting so childish with all these butterflies in my stomach. Hell, I'm actually smiling since when do I do that? I've been on dates before, what makes this so different? Maybe because I actually like him?

"God, your such a mess, Levi get a hold of yourself." I rolled my eyes, great now I'm talking to myself. I got my stuff ready for tomorrow and headed off to bed hoping to give my mind a break. Back to work tomorrow. Well, maybe it will get my mind off him?

Man, was I wrong. I almost couldn't sleep because I was too excited for Wednesday. My morning started with a text from him wishing me a good morning. I'm not going to lie, it was a pleasant surprise to wake up too. I got ready quicker than normal and headed off to work.

I turned on the radio in my car and hummed along with the music. I got halfway to work before realizing I didn't even grab coffee. I didn't even feel like I needed it. I shrugged off the coffee and pulled into the school. I was here earlier than normal. All the more time to clean and set up my classroom for the day.

I had a special lesson planned for my English class. They had a few stressful tests coming up in not only my class but in a few different classes. I wanted to take some of the stress off their backs and give them a breather. My class today would be a study hall I had already cleared it with Erwin. I would be helping all the kids study and answering their questions even if it wasn't in my subject. I had talked to the other teachers as they were coming in so I knew what material everyone was covering so I can help the students better.

When Kids started filing in I greeted them with a smile... strange I never show them emotion while I'm teaching. They looked at me skeptically almost as if I was testing them. I just continued on I took role. Everyone was here today. Already off to a good day.

I told the students what I had planned and they must have thought I was joking at first but when I carried on telling them they could ask me any questions they had about any material they must have started believing me. They pulled out there books and got straight to work. Even the students who normally threw the homework assignments away started studying like their life depended on it.

I spent all period helping students learn 5 different subjects. By lunchtime I would normally be exhausted from dealing with all the kids, however, that wasn't the case. I sat at my desk and grabbed my lunch before heading to the nurse office. I never pack a lunch. Either I never have time in the morning to make one, or I'm too tired to deal with lunches anyways.

When I walked in Hanji to her room to eat lunch with her she nearly had a heart attack. "What has gotten into you? I heard you actually smiled today. You brought lunch. You even have a spring in your step! Spill," she said with an eager face.

"I'm just in a good mood today," I shrugged.

"Who are you and what have you done with Levi."

"What? I can't be happy?"

"No, you're Levi! Besides you're at work. You hate work."

"I don't hate it, I just pretend to hate it remember?" I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. "Wait a minute what do you mean because I'm Levi."

"Yeah, and you're not pretending anymore which scares me. And you know exactly what I meant," she rolled her eyes. "You have a resting I hate everything face and an attitude that matches."

"Fair enough," I just sat down and started eating my lunch, "is it that hard to believe that I'm in a good mood?"

"Who died?"

"Very funny." I rolled my eyes.

"Did Neil trip down the stairs?" She asked and I nearly choked on my food.

"No, but if he did that would make my day perfect," I laughed harder than I should have at the thought.

"Did you meet someone?" Her face lit up with joy.

I just looked up at her with my eyes mid-roll, "no Hanji I didn't meet anyone I just am in a good mood," I sighed. "I just slept really well and finished most of the errands I needed to do and I'm happy about that. Is that so wrong?" I asked and she stared at me trying to read through the lines. She wanted so badly for me to meet someone, but I couldn't tell her just yet. She would want to meet him, which is a big no. She'd also want to know everything about him and I don't even know everything about him yet.

"Fine. Just whatever you do don't push Neil down the stairs now," she laughed.

"Damn, but I want to. He's such a prick."

"I know but we can't just go pushing assholes down the stairs, even if we really really want to. Ya know what, if he bumps his head there might be a chance he won't remember. As long as he doesn't remember who did it I'll let you push him down the stairs," she laughed and I joined her.

"Deal," I smiled. Erwin walked in to join us for lunch before we could actually go push him down the stairs. Damn.

All day I've been in a pretty damn good mood and so far nothing has taken me out of it. Not even going to work was enough to dampen my mood. Jean got off at the same time as me and he asked if I wanted to get lunch as he waited for Marco to get off work.

I took him up on the offer and we got some food at a cheap dinner down the street. "So how was your date?"

"Dates," I corrected, "I've been on two." I happily sipped at my drink as he spoke up.

"Did you get some?" So much for happily sipping at my drink, instead I choked on it.

"No," I finally said hoarsely when I stopped dying.

"Well you seemed as if you were on cloud nine all day so I just assumed you got some action," he shrugged.

"You know you don't have to get some to be happy. You can be happy for other reasons," I rolled my eyes.

"I know, but not usually that happy. Unless..." his voice trailed off and he just smiled, "you really like him."

"No, I just, I... I've got it bad," I sighed, "he's just so... amazing."

"You're going down a dangerous road. It's going to be so much fun for a reckless bastard like you," he laughed, "just don't do anything too rash. Like I love yous are out of the question. Do not I repeat do not say that unless you want to scare him away it is way too soon for that."

"I know that. I'm not a complete idiot unlike you."

"Well this complete idiot actually knows how to keep a man so listen up shit head," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Show off," I mumbled before listening to his tips.

"If you really like him then ask him to be your boyfriend, but don't move to fast, but also not to slow. Wait have you even kissed him?"

"He kissed me. It was amazing." I said with a giant smile and blush covering my face.

"Yeah, yeah, he's amazing everything is amazing you lovestruck idiot," he rolled his eyes.

I've never seen Jean this happy for something involving me. Though we were throwing insult after insult at each other he was genuinely trying to help me. Besides if he wasn't insulting me then that's when I know something is wrong since insults are like our terms of endearment. Rather than buddy or best friend we use words like dumbass or idiot.

After lunch, he went to pick up Marco who was just getting off work and he wished me luck. He said and I quote, "hey good luck fuck face, just don't fuck this up dumbass." It was really nice of him he put a lot of love into that statement.

I headed to dad's since Mikasa would be getting out of school soon. I was supposed to take her to my house because we promised to actually talk tonight. Which might be the only thing that could pull me out of this good mood. Nothing like talking about your bottled up emotions to kill a good mood.