Email Trouble

Everything had been going just fine these last few days. Everyone had the story straight and knew what to say. Lying had gotten easier, which made me feel more guilty, but I loved Eren to much to let my guilt come between us.

Well, that was until a reminder email was sent out to the teachers. It was Friday after school and I was just about to head home once I finished cleaning up the class. That was until I heard my email notification sound from my computer. After reading the email I jumped up from my seat and started running towards the nurse's office. Hanji and I nearly ran into each other full force in the hall as we headed to each other's rooms. She just grabbed my arm and dragged me back to my class without another word.

We got back to my class and she closed the door before turning to me with a panicked look on her face. " Parent-teacher meetings are coming and we need to plan around this."

"I know I just remembered that Monday is when parent-teacher meetings start." I sighed. I was sure Eren had probably forgotten too.

"Well, what are we going to do?"

"I need to talk to Eren so we can get the story straight." We would have to sit down and make sure that we both knew not to address each other aside from the usual Mr. Ackerman, Mr. Jaeger. We had to pretend not to know each other and not to talk too much.

"That would be best," Hanji sighed. "Do you know when his meeting is?"

"Monday."

"Oh great." Her voice was sarcastic at first, but she started looking for the upside of the situation. "Well, at least it will be over quickly and you don't have so much time to dread about it."

"Yeah," I sighed. I need to call Eren and see if I can head over there so we can talk. Hanji handed me my phone and she sat at my desk letting me have some privacy.

"Thanks," I said to her before clicking the call button.

"Hey babe," I heard Eren answer. God, he sounded so happy to bad what I'm about to say will probably panic him.

"Hey, we have a problem." I couldn't help but sigh at the ridiculousness of the situation.

"What's going on?" well there his voice changed from happy to confused.

"Well, did Mikasa hand you the schedule for parent-teacher meetings a few days back?" I asked hoping that would give it away.

"Yeah. What's the issue with- oh." There it is realization just hit him. "Oh shit, what are we going to do?" There was the panic I was talking about.

"Yup, well are you and Mikasa free tonight? I think we should all talk about this?" I asked.

"Yeah, where should we meet up my place or your's?" Eren asked. Normally I'd say his if Mikasa was involved, however, this time I couldn't.

"Mine, I'm bringing Hanji she should be in on this. Besides I don't really want her to know where you live."

"Okay, what time."

"I'm heading home now, so about 30 minutes?" I suggested.

"Okay see you there." Just before the phone clicked off I heard him call for Mikasa.

"Hanji." I turned around and she had a big smile on her face.

"I know, I'm going with you." She stood up. I nodded and logged out of my computer before taking another look at the classroom. Cleaning will have to wait.

"Grab your stuff and meet me at my place," I said before rushing out to my car, but not before I bumped into Erwin in the parking lot.

"Hey Levi, what's got you in such a rush?" he asked and I mentally cursed myself out for looking so visibly panicked.

"Oh, it's nothing." I froze unable to come up with something immediately.

"Surely it has to be something? I've never seen you look so panicked. Is everything okay?" He looked genuinely concerned and my guilt got to me. He's such a great friend and here I am about to lie to his face.

Am I? Am I really going to lie to him? I'm sure if I just explain everything to him that he would understand. Maybe Hanji was right maybe I should have just told him from the start.

"Levi?" He asked getting my attention.

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm still a little out of it," I sighed. I guess I was lying to him. "It's just been a long week. I just have a lot of stuff I need to finish that I didn't get to while I was sick."

"Oh, I see. Well, let me know if there is anything I can do to help," he said giving me a big smile.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it," I smiled back before getting in my car.

The second I drove away is the second I let my true feelings show. I felt so sick lying to him. All he's ever been is a good friend and this is how I repay him. I nearly jumped when the horn behind me blared. Oh, the lights green.

When I made it to my house it didn't take long for Hanji to pull up. I was just unlocking my door when she grabbed my arm and pulled me into my own house.

"What the hell did you say to Erwin?"

"What? Nothing I just said I was behind on stuff. Why?"

"Well, he pulled me aside and asked if I knew why you've been acting so weird." She let out a loud groan. "Why do you suddenly suck about lying? You used to be really good at it."

"I know it's just hard I'm not used to lying to the people I actually care about."

"First of all, awe thank you. Secondly, grow a pair. You love him don't you?"

I got angry was that even a question? "Of course I love him or I wouldn't be going through all this trouble to keep him!" I yelled.

"Then try harder. I know you can lie, but now you're not doing it worth a damn. Just because it's Erwin doesn't mean you've forgotten how to lie. It just means your not even trying too." She said back and I looked down. She's right. I'm holding back because I know I don't want to lie to him. "I don't want to lie to him either," she continued, "but I saw how happy you two looked together, and then hearing you say you loved him. I don't want you to lose him either, but you have to try harder Levi. I can only do so much to help. I can't help if you don't try. Don't make me regret lying to him."

"I'm sorry, I won't make you regret it," I promised.

"Good."

"Are we interrupting something?" Eren asked as he and Mikasa stood in the doorway that we left open.

"No, we were just talking," I sighed.

"Talking? Screaming," Eren said raising an eyebrow.

"With Hanji, ever conversation is loud," I laughed it off.

"Sure," he nodded. They walked in, but Mikasa stopped next to me.

Mikasa just nudged me before leaning over and whispering, "we heard everything just so you know."

"Thanks for the heads up," I sighed. That was awkward. I hope he doesn't take that the wrong way. If he pulled anything from our argument I hope it's how much I love him.

We all sat down on the couches. The air around us felt awkward. We sat quietly Hanji staring at Mikasa I think it finally sunk in that yup these two are related. "This is not at all what I thought your house would look like." Mikasa finally said as she looked around.

"What did you think it looked like?" I asked.

"I don't know. I guess more school stuff involved?" She shrugged. "It just looks normal though. I mean it's unnaturally clean but other than that it's pretty normal."

I just gave her a smile. Some of her classmates would be even more surprised that I live in a house rather than just going to hell and back every night. I mean I've heard some of these kids call me the devil himself so maybe they'd get a kick out of knowing that sadly I'm only human with a normal house rather than a fiery hole.

"Alright, we should start discussing what we're going to do," I suggested and everyone's eyes landed on me waiting for me to say what I was thinking. Little did they know I didn't have a clue what we should do.