Back to Work

My alarm went off and I went to sat up but felt pressure and warmth around my waist. An arm? Oh, that's right Eren stayed the night. I quickly shut off my alarm so I didn't wake him. I laid in be for a few more minutes just looking at how adorable he looked. His hair was a mess. His lips were slightly parted. His face looked calm and his expression soft.

During the day he's usually tenser, we both are, but it was nice to see him like this. I brushed some hair out of the way and placed a kiss on his forehead before sliding out of his arms. I have to get ready for work, but I'll make sure to wake him for breakfast.

After I got showered and changed I started cooking breakfast. While I was cooking my mind started to wander. What were we? I mean I know we've been seeing each other, but we've never said if we were dating or not. What if I'm more invested in this than he is? Should I ask him?

"Good morning," I was ripped from my thoughts as his arms snaked around my waist and he placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Good morning," I said back to him. "Are you staying for breakfast," I slightly held up the pan with eggs in it that I was working on at the moment.

He let me go and checked his phone. "Yeah I don't have to be to work for a while," he shrugged.

I finished cooking the eggs and put them on the table with the pancakes. "I didn't have any bacon," I shrugged.

"Hey this is still amazing, I've been living off of cups of ramen for like weeks," he laughed.

"Oh, why?"

"Living alone I got too lazy to cook, but my sister is going to be at my house a little more now so I actually have to be a good role model and start cooking healthy food again," he sighed.

I couldn't help but laugh. It's true when you live alone for a while you get into some bad habits. Especially with cooking. I can cook doesn't mean I want to. "Makes sense."

We sat down to eat and I tried to sike myself up to ask him what we are. At the same time, I didn't want to be that guy. The guy who always has to know where the relationship is going, if we are even in a relationship or not. I don't want to force him to rush things to give me an answer. I like the way we are but I just want to know if he's wasting my time or not. Stop being a little bitch and just ask him already.

"Hey um, we're dating right?" I asked and I felt how stupid my question sounded.

His face went bright pink. "I thought we were," he mumbled quietly. "Are we not?"

"Okay cool," I laughed, "I thought we were too but some people- never mind," I laughed. This should make it easier, "would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"I'd love that," he smiled. He seemed less tense now that we cleared this up, I sure felt better too.

We finished eating and he started grabbing the stuff he bought over since we both had work. I had to leave for work in like 10 minutes whereas he had a little over an hour to get ready at his place before having to go in.

He was about to head out but I stopped him before he could. "Thanks for a fun night," I said wrapping my arm around his waist and pulling him into a kiss. I made this kiss more passionate than our last parting kiss. He looked dazed by the time I pulled away.

"Thank you," he mumbled still staring off into space, " I mean I'll text you later," he laughed.

"That was the best date ever," I said the second I got in my car. Before I headed home I sent Mikasa a text to make sure she was okay and checked to see if she was coming over tonight.

I got a reply while driving home and I waited until got home to check it. "Just got to school last night was pretty boring. I finished catching up on my homework so now I'm all caught up. Also, of course, I'm coming over tonight I want to hear how your date went." She had sent. Well, I'm going to have to leave a few things out. I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

I hopped in the shower and got ready for work. The warm water felt great on my back. My back and ass were still a little sore, but it was still one hell of a night. He wasn't wrong when he said he was going to make me scream.

I headed to work and when I arrived it looked like it would be a slow day. Not many people were scheduled during my shift so it seemed me and Jean would have a lot of free time to talk. I had to get some paperwork done, but I'm good at multitasking so I wasn't super worried.

When he walked up to me I knew the "I told you so" was coming, but I could care less. He told me so and I'm so glad he was right.

"Soooooo?" he asked walking up with a smug smile, "how was your date?" He could probably tell by the huge smile on my face that he was right.

"Phenomenal," I said my smile getting bigger. I didn't think that was possible, but it was.

"You got laid, I called it," he laughed and gave me a high five.

"Yeah yeah, I'm not even mad that you're right it was great. My boyfriend is great," is said hoping that he would notice the word I used.

"Hold up, boyfriend?" He said with a big smile.

"Yup, boyfriend," I nodded.

"Well look at you, Jaeger not so single anymore," he nudged my arm. "So how was it? How was he?" He asked leaning in for some details.

"Amazing, he practically had me screaming his name," I bit my lip.

"You're a bottom?"

"Vers," I corrected.

"Ah, makes sense. Good for you dude. Sounds like you had a fun time. Anything else happen besides you two dating officially?"

"Well, I figured out just how much I actually like him," I sighed.

"Oh, and how much is that?"

"Too much. I mean I've got it bad dude," I huffed putting my head on my hands. "Like I feel like I've known him for a long time. It's easy to talk to him and be around him. I feel like I don't have to try and be something I'm not. Ya know?"

"I get what you mean," Jean smiled and his eyes looked distant I could tell he was thinking about Marco. Any time he gets that look on his face he's thinking about him.

That's when it clicked for me. Why Jean was helping me out so much. Levi was my Marco. The way I was describing Levi is how Jean described Marco to me years ago. Well, not word for word, but the same feelings the same emotions. He saw how happy I was with Levi and he wanted me to keep that happiness.

"Hey, Jean?"

"Yeah man?" He seemed to snap out of his thoughts.

"Thanks for being a good friend. Shit head," he smiled.

"Anytime, bitch face."