No Questions Asked

I got to work and was nearly swarmed with odd looks from students and teachers alike. There whispers filling the halls. Yes I get it I'm smiling, it's not that odd we've been over this. I knew I was screwed when I saw Hanji running over to me. She didn't even talk before grabbing my arm and pulling me into the nurse's office.

"Okay spill mister," she glared, "you have been happy for way too many days straight and today you're practically glowing."

"Okay, but if I tell you, you can't ask any more questions about it for at least a week. Promise?" I proposed a deal.

"Fine," she huffed sitting in her chair waiting for me to speak.

"I met a guy and we're dating, oh and last night I got laid," I told her and her face lit up. She jumped up and was about to start asking me a million questions when I put my finger over her lips. "You promised," I warned and she opened her mouth only to close it again. She looked conflicted. Her expression showed both happiness and anger.

She stood there in silence opening and closing her mouth probably trying to find a response that wasn't a question. "I hate you sometimes," she finally mumbled out.

"Same to you too," I smiled before walking out of her office and back to my room. I had a long day ahead of me especially now that I broke Hanji.

I mean I knew I wouldn't be able to hide it for much longer. My lies would become more and more obvious that I was hiding something. I decided to save myself all the effort and just tell her. I mean sure that's fine now but what will happen in a week when the floodgates open? Who knows, I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

I continued on with my classes all day until it got to the last one. Just as I thought Mikasa had pulled through her grieve and was back on track. She handed in the last bit of homework she was behind on. I'm glad to see her back on her feet. She even seems to be doing better emotionally speaking. I've seen her around the halls laughing with her friends and talking more. She no longer looked unkempt, rather she was back to her tidy self.

At the end of the day, I dismissed the class but asked Mikasa if she could stay back. I just wanted to check in with her to make sure she was okay. "You wanted to speak to me?" she asked quietly.

"Yes," I cleared my throat, "I noticed you have caught up with all the work you were behind on, however, I was wondering if you needed more time on the homework that was assigned this week?" I asked.

"Nope, it will be in by Friday," she said with a sure nod.

"I'm glad to hear. If you need anything don't hesitate to come it me okay?" I said and she gave me a little smile.

"Thanks, Mr. Ackerman," and with that, she left.

I headed home since Eren was supposed to pick me up after work. He was going to tell me about his date however, I'm pretty sure some other stuff happened on that date of his. He was acting really weird with his texts and when I called him during my lunch break he was acting strange. Whatever it was that happened I just know I don't want to hear about it.

I walked up to the house and sure enough, Eren's car was already in the driveway. I headed inside and went to talk but I notice he was sleeping on the couch. He must have gotten off a little early and just crashed. I pulled out my homework so I could finish the last two pages of work for Mr. Ackerman's class and sat in the chair across from the couch.

I didn't want to wake him, I know how much stress he's been under with all that's happened. Especially since he felt he couldn't grieve in front of me and was doing nothing but pushing his feelings down. That alone is exhausting enough without having to deal with CPS and lawyers and all that mess. He had bags under his eyes the last few days and it seems like they were finally starting to fade away.

I'm glad he's starting to finally relax and take care of himself. I'm also glad he finally met someone who actually seems like they give a damn about him. The last person he dated, though it was only for a week was a lying deceiving man whore. All he wanted was Eren's money and my brother bless his soul stupidly went out with him. He has such a good heart and people take advantage of that.

That's partially the reason I want to meet this new guy. Eren isn't always the best judge of character and I just want to make sure he's not getting screwed over again. I want to know this guy's intents with my brother, and if he even likes him.

From what Eren told me he sounds like a good guy, however, Eren is a little blinded by his bias when it comes to the people he likes. He tends to only see the good in people. That's usually a good thing, except when the bad far outweighs the good to the point of disaster.

I finished up my homework and put it back in my bag for tomorrow. I set it by the door with the other stuff I was bringing to Eren's. When the rooms started getting darker and the house colder I grabbed one of the heavy blankets from my room and threw it over Eren. He hardly moved when I laid it over him. Usually, he was a semi-light sleeper, he must be really exhausted. I turned only the kitchen light on so I didn't disturb Eren.

I grabbed a book and sat in the chair squinting to see the words with the dim light way behind me. After a little while of reading, I heard Eren start to stir and put my book down. He looked up at me lost and confused. He seemed to be in a daze as his eyes were still focusing.

"Morning" I laughed.

"What time is it?" he asked his voice a little raspy from his long nap.

I checked the time and gave him an answer, "7."

"It's already 7?" He asked sitting up so quickly.

"Yes Eren try and keep up," I said sarcastically.

"Why didn't you wake me?" he asked jumping up and grabbing his stuff to head home.

"You looked like you needed the sleep."

"I mean the sleep was nice, but we were supposed to be at my place hours ago."

"Your point?" I asked.

I didn't know why he was in such a panicked rush until I saw him finally find his phone. He quickly unlocked it and started ignoring anything else. He quickly typed a message before sitting on the couch a little calmer after a message came through instantly.

"I fell asleep on him," he finally mumbled. Not to me but just in general.

"Who your date?"

"My boyfriend, Levi" He corrected with a smile.

"Oh, you're already dating?" I asked a little more worried. Last time he rushed into a relationship it ended badly.

"Yeah, isn't that great?" He asked with a bright smile. Well as bright as a smile can be when you're still trying to keep your eyes open and stop yawning.

"If you're happy I'm happy," I said with a big smile. Of course, I would have to check and see what is with this guy first, but for my brother's sake, I hope he's a good guy.

Eren can't deal with any more heartbreak. He's already had to deal with enough these last few weeks the last thing he needs is some jerk breaking his heart too.

"So do you want to hear about my date before we head back to my house?" he asked.

"Of course, but if you need to leave some stuff out then would be okay," I said beforehand. I could already tell by his awkward yet grateful expression that there were some parts he needed to leave out. Well, so much for not sleeping with the guy. First off ew, but secondly I swear if this guy hurts my brother I'll hunt him down and make him regret the day he was ever born.

-------------

Author's note~ hey guys if you like gaming channels on youtube check out the youtube channel my friends and I made.  Channel name: Left 4 nerds gaming

channel link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6KY_hqPtf2sq6_4b1KyCGg/featured