Chapter 32

Tae's POV:

I looked over at Jungkook as we neared the pack house, our hands clasped tightly.

"Kook?"

He nodded in a stiff manner, indicating to go on.

"What if we can't—"

"We will." He looked over at me, his head tilting to the side. "Unless...unless you don't want to."

"Why wouldn't I want to?" I turned towards him completely. "Why not? I'm just...scared, plus all this is so ridiculous."

Jungkook gave me a small smile, as he spoke in my head.

Let's show them how ridiculous this trial is and remember anything important you have to discuss you do it by the mind link.

We stood at the bottom of the stairs. I could clearly distinguish new scents...but...they were more than three. Confused, I peeked at Jungkook who was frowning.

There's more than three.

I know. Why didn't Joon hyung tell me?

Maybe they arrived after?

Maybe. You ready Tae?

I answered his echoing question by climbing up the stairs. I looked back and held out my hand.

"Come on, Kook. It's rude to make guests wait."

He stood there staring at me before grinning and running up after me. He caught my hand and pulled me along making me laugh out loud. We burst through the door laughing, our hands clasped. I vaguely registered the number of people in the room, as I leaned and pecked Jungkook on the cheek.
Everyone sat at the large table dominating the kitchen. Snacks and cups of tea crowded the table.
Namjoon sat at the head, Hosoek and Jin sat on each of his side. Besides them there were three females and two males.

"Kookie, Tae, you're late." Jin stood up from his place. "Introduce yourselves. Do you want tea or coffee?"

We looked at the five new Werewolves and Jungkook moved forward, bowed and introduced himself, "Jeon Jungkook, Alpha. Welcome to our pack." He turned to me and tugged on our clasped hands, "This is my mate, Kim Taehyung."

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Jin's back tense and Namjoon also seemed to be in leader mode.

"Let me introduce our guests." Namjoon glanced at them for confirmation and started with the man sitting closest to him. "This is Jackson. This is Do Kyngsoo and sitting beside him is Jennie Kim."

We bowed to them before turning to the girls sitting on the other side of the table.
"This is Wheein and Hwasa, they're form the same pack while the others have travelled here from different packs."

We bowed to them and one of the smiled, showing dimples in her cheek.

"Why are you two standing? Sit down." The girl motioned for us to sit down.

Jungkook and I edged towards the chairs next to her.

"I'm Wheein, you can call me so. Hwasa and I have been friends since we were kids. We're form the Rainbow pack."

I nodded at her and smiled. I breathed slowly to calm myself. My wolf was aware of what was happening and saw the strangers as a threat.

"Taehyung? Is it ok if I call you that? We decided to dispense with the formalities since we'll be staying here for a while." Jackson grinned at me, I felt Jungkook go stiff, so I slid my hand down and placed it on his knee, trying to re-assure him.