Chapter 33

JK's POV:

I got out of bed as the sun broke through the horizon. Taehyung was asleep still while I had been unable to sleep all night; my mind had been a whirlwind and every time I closed my eyes Taehyung's words would start coming back to me.

'I had a friend when I was younger, he was my hyung and we were the best of friends.'

'I felt dead inside...'

'It was just a lot for me to handle.'

Taehyung's teary face and hiccupping voice were engraved in my mind. I wasn't his true mate. Yet, he was afraid to lose me like he had lost everyone he held dear. He cared for me. That thought sent me on a euphoric high and sobered me.
I turned to find him snuggling my pillow into his chest. I leaned over his sleeping profile and brushed his hair away from his forehead. His hair had grown longer in the back and it had taken the shape of a mullet. I'll have to remember to tell him not to cut his hair off.

I moved around the room, picking up the randomly spread clothes and collecting them in a basket. Laundry time.
With one last glance at the sleeping Taehyung, I walked out.
As soon as I neared the kitchen, I cursed inwardly as I caught the scent of our 'guests'.

Should have gone through the window.

Before I could decide if I should turn or not, I caught two familiar scents mixed in too. I walked into the kitchen and there sat Yoongi with Jimin on his lap. Jimin, who had a permanent mating mark.

"What are you two doing back so soon?"

"Kookie..."

I raised my hand to silence Yoongi and grinned at him and Jimin.

"Congratulations hyungs! I'm so proud of you two! Didn't know you had it in you."

Yoongi growled loudly as Jimin hid his tomato-red face in his hands.

"Shut up Jungkook." Yoongi snarled at me.

I looked around at the others gathered there for breakfast.

"Good morning." I addressed them in a clipped tone.

The girls from the Rainbow pack were missing but the others were present along with Jin and Hoseok hyung.

"Where's TaeTae?" Jimin asked looking up finally.

"Sleeping. He was tired."

"Can't you two give it a rest? You're going to tire him to his death." Yoongi hyung mocked.

I rolled my eyes. "He's not tired because of...me."

"It wasn't our intention to hurt or upset him, Jungkook. We're here to provide witness at the trial later so we have to know the details." Jackson looked at me with a sincere gaze that I didn't trust but I nodded.

"Why? What happened?" Jimin looked up worriedly.

"He talked about his mother and mate – supposed mate – last night. He was in a state after that."

"He talked about Bogum hyung?!"

So that's his name.

"I should go check on him."

I shook my head at Jimin's statement. Jimin looked at me and I tried to communicate with him through my gaze. I wanted to be there for Taehyung. I wanted to be his support. I saw him clutch Yoongi's hand as he nodded.