Chapter 50

Tae's POV:

"Hyung... When do you think...?"

Jin looked at me sympathetically, "Come here, Tae." He stretched his arms open and I moved forward, curling my arms around his waist. I felt his arms around me, his hand stroking my head.

"He will wake up. He will."

"He's a stubborn brat. He will wake up Tae. There is nothing to indicate he won't."

I raised my head to look at him, "It's been two days..."
I felt my tears brimming over, so I looked back down and moved away from Jin hyung.

"His body needs to heal completely. He lost a lot of blood. He almost..."

"Died. You can say it hyung."

"Yeah."

I heard Jin's voice wavering, so I looked back at him with a smile.

"You've been so strong Taehyung." He looked at me, his eyes red with unshed tears. "I am so glad Jungkook found you, that he has you."

I heard footsteps nearing us, so I quickly wiped my face and Jin turned his back towards the door.

"Jinnie, did you change Kookie's dressings?" Namjoon looked at me and flashed me a small smile which I couldn't return.

"I did. The wound on his stomach is almost healed completely... he's going to have reminders of those. I'm not sure how much Werewolf healing can heal those. He didn't need the stitches on his abdomen anymore."

"Jihoon really injured him where it would be the worst of all..." Namjoon muttered and took a seat beside me.

We heard hurried steps on the stairs outside and then the door flew open, Hoseok stumbling in.

"Where is the Alpha? I uh- oh Namjoon! You're here! Good. Listen. I just got a call from my sister. She said that the elders of the Pack are planning to visit us once they're done with all the funerals. Probably later today."

"Why?" Jin hyung frowned at him.

"I know why. I was expecting this." Namjoon sighed, "I knew this was going to happen. Jihoon is dead, his father long dead and they never took on a Beta. They controlled the entire pack alone; nobody was trained for the higher positions of the pack. They will either discuss merging the packs or Jungkook leading the pack again."

"What...? That..."

"You think they will really do that?" I asked him.

"Yes. I think so but I will leave the decision to Jungkook."

-------------
I took a deep breath and pulled a smile before I entered our room.

"Hey Kook." I whispered, looking at his still form. No movement. I felt my smile falling but I struggled to keep it up. "Hey Kook... know what? Hobi got a call and Thorn pack members are coming for a visit. Joon hyung has a theory but he's leaving the decision up to you. You won't let me be alone to face them now, will you? You have to wake up before they get here..."

Still no movement. I leaned forward to tug up the corner of the blanket covering his torso. Then I moved back to the Futon I had been sleeping on for the past few days. Almost half of us had slept in the room the first night. Once Jungkook's breathing had stabilized, Jin had kicked everyone out, leaving me to care for Jungkook while he checked in periodically. It was one of the worst nights of my life, at par with the night my mother died. Every rattling hitch of Jungkook's breath made my heart stop.