Chapter 48

Tae's POV:

"A local pack?!"

"Jungkook. Calm down. We're all trying..."

"No." Jungkook cut me off. "We're not trying hard enough."

He turned back towards Namjoon as I looked at him helplessly too.

"All I'm saying hyung is that I do not think it was a local pack!"

"Jungkook..." Namjoon scowled at him, warning him.

Jungkook grunted in annoyance. All of us watched as he tried to get a grip on his spiralling anger. I looked at Yoongi who was still staring at some point on the floor.

"Hyung?" I said and reached out to touch his shoulder. He looked up at me and then turned to Namjoon.

"Joon. I agree with Jungkook. For the very reason that if they were a local pack, they could have shown themselves to us and asked us to get off their land. Even if that land belongs to a pack...how do they deal with other wolves who come up to the lodge? We can't be the first ones. It just doesn't sit right with me."

Jungkook grunted again and Yoongi sighed, "It doesn't sit right with us."

He rolled his eyes at Jungkook who just nodded.

"All I can do immediately is ask if anyone knows about a pack who owns that land."
He looked sternly at my mate, "and you keep yourself in check Jungkook! We do not know who they were. It is good that you did not stop but we don't know who they were."

"Jihoon's men!" Jungkook began impatiently to be cut off by Namjoon banging his hand on the table.

"How and why would they be there? And why would they not harm you? If they wanted an opportunity, they had a lot! It was just four of you."

"Yes hyung! Four of us and four of them. Equal in number." Jungkook sighed, "Hyung...I'm just...I put everyone in danger. Yoongi hyung, Jimin and Tae."

"Kook." I called to him, "You did not do anything. Joon hyung will get to the bottom of this incident. Until then stop beating yourself over this and don't bust a vein."

"Tae is right. Until we know for sure...let's try to forget about it."

Jungkook nodded but still sat with a frown on his face. I looked at Namjoon to find him looking at Jungkook intensely. His gaze wandered to mine and he smiled at me slightly.

"Did you have fun?" He asked me. "And Jimin?" He turned to Yoongi.

"We had fun hyung! We should all go there some time. It would be a memorable experience."

"I wish." He chuckled, "Alpha duties don't allow me much time."

"Which is why you need a break." He grinned at me, "Once you and Jungkook take over, I will take Jin for a much needed vacation."

"Not happening hyung." Jungkook spoke up from my side.

"Jungkook...this pack is yours. All these people followed you..."

"But." Jungkook swept his hand outwards, "You did all this. Everyone who joined the pack after joined your pack. You're their Alpha."

"This conversation is for another time." Yoongi interrupted, "Let's just get some sleep now."

I looked at Jungkook who stood up along with Yoongi. He turned to look at me once he realised, I wasn't following them.

"Tae?"