Chapter 38

Third Person POV:

Taehyung stood looking himself over the mirror. He had deliberately worn a loose button down; the collars sat wide over his shoulder and gave a nice view of his neck and a little bit of his chest. Hit goal wasn't to dress provocatively, it was to let his mate's marks show. Both sides of his neck had deep grooves in them, the right side more reddish due to the remarking earlier. His chest and collar bones were littered with purplish marks, they would remain so for a day more and Taehyung was going to show them off.

Jungkook emerged from the bathroom, dressed in black jeans only and his breath caught at how beautiful and mated Taehyung looked. He came up to Taehyung and moved the collar of his shirt around, admiring his marks.

He looked up into the mirror to find Taehyung's gaze trained over his torso.

"More? He raised his eyebrows at the other."

Taehyung snapped his eyes up to meet Jungkook's and dramatically rolled his eyes.

"What? Did I wear you out?" Jungkook teased, his fingers grazing Taehyung's neck

Taehyung took a step to the side, "You wish." He turned to look at Jungkook.

"Taehyung you almost passed out after the...wait.. the third time? Yeah, the third time."

"Keep your true blood paws off me." Taehyung replied, moving back further.

"You wish." Jungkook grinned, "actually no you don't."

Taehyung opted not to reply and turned away to find a belt before Jungkook saw his smile. When he turned around, he saw Jungkook pulling a black t shirt over his head, but the shirt was a few sizes larger and it framed his collar bones; Collar bones that sported small purplish hickeys Taehyung had made. His smile broke through again.

"You sure you wanna wear that?" He asked Jungkook pointing at the hickeys.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I? I'm as proud of these marks as you are of mine Tae."

They looked at each other for a heartbeat and then they moved forward together, their lips clashing and hands grabbing whatever part they could. It was a few minutes before they came up for air, panting hard.

"We should leave before you again start something Jungkook said."

"When did I start something before?"

"This afternoon."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes. you did Tae."

"I didn't Kook."

Jungkook opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by rapid knocks on our door before it inched open. Seokjin poked his head in and looked around until his eyes landed on them.

"Decent?"

"Yes hyung! As you can see." Jungkook started towards the door, "We were just about to leave!"

"Yeah, yeah, I can see," Jin nodded his head rapidly, a meaningful look in his eyes. "You two rested well, I see. Follow me boys. Time to hit the party."

Jungkook and Taehyung trailed behind Jin. Taehyung moved closer to Jungkook in the dark of the kitchen and Jungkook immediately caught his hand, intertwining their fingers. In that state they made their way out of the house and to the lit ground.
The pack members were not present at the gathering; it was only the leaders and warriors of Bangtan Pack, the trial committee and their guests. Even then, there were about fifty people littering the ground.