Chapter 34

Tae's POV:

I looked down into the swirling water as Jungkook walked us both forward towards the edge of the cliff. The water was dotted with pack members who yelled up at us, cheering us on.

"Ready?" Jungkook whispered in my ear.

I attempted to move out of his arms.

"Kook? Let me go."

"I got you. Hold your breath."

My eyes widened as he pushed us off the edge with me still wrapped in his arms. The air whistled in my ears before I could fathom his actions. We hit the water in a matter of seconds, but it felt like minutes. We plunged deeper into the water because of our combined weight but Jungkook easily pushed us back up to the surface.

I opened my eyes as soon as we broke through the surface.

"Fuck! What was that Jungkook!?"

"It wasn't that bad! You enjoyed it. I know."

"Let me go asshole!

"Hey Tae! Calm down! You're okay..."

Jungkook captured my struggling arms again as he kept us afloat all on his own. I heard a yell and Jungkook pushed us both sideways moments before another body hit the water. It was Baekhyun followed by Chanyeol who was followed by a steady stream of cliff divers. The lake turned into a play ground and there was a lot of dunking, pushing and yelling. I forgot about Jungkook forcing me to dive until he returned to my side after dunking Hoseok into the water.

I narrowed my eyes at him and moved towards the edge of the lake.

"Tae! Wait up for me!"

I growled in return. He caught up to me at the edge and pulled out of the water alongside me.

"Go away, Jungkook."

"Why?!"

"You know why!"

"Come on Tae. Don't be like this. You weren't going to jump on your own. I just helped you."

"I was going to jump!" I turned to face him.

He simply raised an eyebrow. "You sure?"

"Yes." I grumbled. I knew it would have taken a lot of guts for me to dive on my own.

"Ok. I'm sorry."

His words made me whirl towards him instantly.

"Forgive me?" He stood there with a small smile on his face, his eyes huge and round. Well. Fuck.

"I uh...you have nothing to be sorry about."

"I shouldn't have pushed you so. I should have listened to you."

He came closer until our bodies were molded together. I felt his fingers splay on my wet back, their warmth giving me comfort and raising a different need inside of me.

"Kook. Let go of me."

He shook his head in response and tightened his embrace around me.

"Kook..." I protested again but couldn't loosen his hold.

"I'm not letting you go away when you look like this, Taehyung."

"Look like what?"

"Like this."

He allowed a small space between our bodies and I looked down to notice that our shorts were stuck to our thighs as rivulets of water ran down our legs. Our shirts were also stuck to our chests making every crease visible.