Chapter 44 (M)

guys. You can read this chapter till the division. Then ignore the rest if you're innocent.
————————-
JK's POV:

I tugged on the elastic band of my shorts, so it sat comfortably on my hips, but it was tight enough not to get tugged down. Fights could get rough, and such incidents occurred frequently. Taehyung had left the room in a flurry of activity just a few minutes ago. But not before blowing me a kiss and reminding me of the bet.

I looked at my reflection and debated what to do about the fight. I had wanted to let Taehyung win because his father would be watching, and I wanted to let Taehyung show off infront of that asshole.

Is that really necessary? He didn't need you to go easy on him last time. He won on his own.

The bet had made everything confusing. On one hand I wanted to win desperately because I knew exactly what I wanted from Taehyung. On the other hand...

I think I'll let things take their course.

With the decision made, I slipped out of the room. I found Sehun in the kitchen, his head dropped between his hands as he stared at the wine bottle infront of him.

"Hey? You alright? What are you doing?"

He jumped at my voice and turned quickly.

"It's you! You scared me Jungkook! I was just..."

"Whatever it is, lets discuss it later! I need to get to the training ground."

"Oh yeah your fight! Let's go! Wouldn't miss it for the world."

He smiled a tight smile and stood up. I looked at him suspiciously.

"You sure you good?"

"Yeah let's go."

The ground surrounding the house, once again seemed to be full of people as many pack members had also gathered to watch the fight. Word spread fast around the pack land and I wasn't surprised.

What surprised me was that when my eyes finally found Taehyung, he seemed to be stuck in conversation with Chief Jaehwan and Jihoon. I felt my temper rising and started walking faster to where they were standing.

I knew the moment Taehyung registered my scent because he immediately turned around and I saw relief in his eyes.

"Kook."

"Tae."

I nodded at the other two in greeting before grabbing onto Taehyung and dragging him to the training filed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Yoongi hyung following us until we stopped in the middle and he stood off to the side a little. He waited for our signal.

"You alright?" I lowered my voice to be barely there so nobody could hear with Werewolf hearing. "What were those two saying?"

Taehyung looked up at me, "I don't know. I think the Chief wanted me and Jihoon to be on good terms again."

Never. I snorted.

"Yeah Kook. We'd have to be on good terms to begin with. I hate that man with just as much as you hate Jaehwan."

"Yeah." I nodded meaningfully.

We stood there in a silence, with the crowd's hushed voices in the background.

"Ready to fight Jungkook?" Taehyung winked at me and took three steps back.

Game on.

We both stood ten steps apart, and I motioned to Yoongi hyung to start the fight. He looked at Taehyung who nodded too.

Yoongi hyung repeated the rules of a practice fight and blew the whistle.