Insider pt. 2

Tima POV
I decided to take a drive to the beach. My favorite place to go when I need to just get away and think. I needed to fully open up to Trè if I wanted him to open up and be honest with me.

This isn't gonna be easy at all. There are things that I can't fully explain. But, I hope he understands.

"It's so beautiful out here. I love it," I said, sitting on the blanket I'd gotten outta my trunk.

The waves were so peaceful and the way the sun was going down made the scene even more alluring.

"Yea definitely is. What made you wanna bring me out here?" Welp now's the time to put on my big girl panties and tell the truth.

"Look, I know it's hard for you to open up to me. And I definitely get it. I just want you to know that you're not the only one holding back things. And I'm only gonna tell you this because I care for you and want you around for a while..."

This seemed to be going well so far. I just gotta find a way to just say it.

"Just go 'head and say what you gotta say."

"And no I'm not telling you this just so you can open up to me. If after this you don't wanna tell me still, then I'm fine with that," I said honestly.

"Thanks. If you don't wanna say it, it's fine, honestly."

"Nahh I gotta get this off of my chest seriously."

I paused and thought of a way to get it out. I don't know why I'm so nervous. It's not that bad. Ion think.

"Oohkay so...I—," I started to say but, was cut off by his ringing phone.

"Uhm hold on real quick," he said, getting up to go answer his call.

Whyyyy?! Lord, I was this close. I just need somebody to vent to about all of this shit. Yea I have Brinah, but I know she has her own life and I'm pretty sure she gets tired of hearing about my problems.

"Uhh I gotta make a run real quick. Can u take me to my shop to get my car," he said, walking back over.

"Yea sure," I packed my stuff and walked back to the car with Trè following behind me.

We drove towards his shop in silence, with the slight sound of the radio playing. I was too busy deep in my thoughts that I couldn't find the energy to say anything really. Maybe it's just not meant for me to share this information with him.

"Pull up right there," Trè instructed me, knocking me outta my thoughts. "Thanks for the ride, here," he said, handing me some cash.

"What's this for?"

"Gas money."

"Uhm Trè.. gas is not five hundred dollars. I can't take this."

"You can And you will. Go do some girly shit with Brinah crazy ass," he said, making me chuckle. "I'll see you later," he kissed my cheek and got out the car.

Maaaannn I was stuck like chuck. What was I supposed to do with this money? Do I go blow it? Do I save it? Do I pay a bill? Do I pay Brinah up front rent and move in? I'm confused. I gotta FaceTime my cousin.

Phone convo:

Brinah- Wassupppppp!

Tima- Biiiiitch

Brinah- Hold up! Bitch I'm in the car with Meechy. Ima call you when I get home.

Tima- I'll just meet u at the house

Brinah- Aight hurry up cuz I'm ready for the tea, bitch.

Tima- Aight, bye

End convo

I decided to go grab some food before going there. My mood was definitely hot wings at the moment.

Pulling up, I grabbed everything I needed. Including the money. Thank God I had a bag in the back seat.

I opened the door and Brinah was on my ass already. Bombarding me with questions.

"Can I get myself together right quick, please," I said sitting my stuff down on the couch. I opened my wings and my sauce and tossed her the bag with the money in it. The look on her face killed me.

"Bitch!!! What did you do? Omg my cousin going to jail. They gonna turn you out. Lord please don't let her come out looking like Cleo," at this point I was laughing so hard I was crying. She's so damn dramatic. I love it.

"Shut upppp. Trè gave that to me."

"You selling ass now?! Omg this is not the way hunny."

"Why are you like this?" Man I was laughing so hard. "No I'm not selling ass, crazy. We went to the beach after leaving here. I wanted to tell him about what happened and we had to leave before I could. He had sumn to do so I took him back to his shop and he gave the money for 'gas money' and then kissed me on the cheek."

"Hold up hoe, friends don't do shit like this."

"Right. Not gonna lie, he's fine af and he's sweet and always on my mind. But, he's not boyfriend material."

"Why not? He cares about you and clearly y'all have feelings for each other. What's the problem?"

"He's closed off. Ion know shit about him for real."

"That's the point of the word 'dating'. You get to know each other," she said sitting down. "Plus ion think he's ready to hear about your past."

"I don't know."

"Plus ion think letting him know everything about you right now is a good idea."

"I guess you're right."

We talked some more and I came to the conclusion of what ima do with the money. Save 250, and go to the studio with the rest.

When I offered her the money for me staying here she turned it down. So, while she wasn't looking, I tucked 50 dollars in the drawer of her lightstand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annnnnnnd scene 🎬
Vote
Add
Share
Comment