Honesty

Tima POV

It's been a few days since the whole blow up with me and Trè and I've been in my feelings a little. I just can't believe that I got caught up like this. Things were going so good with us. And, I just had to mess everything up being greedy. I haven't spoken to anyone about it, except Brinah of course. She filled Vena in on the drama because I couldn't bring myself to talking about it and reliving what happened.

I had been staying with Brinah for about two days and decided to go home today. I just didn't wanna be alone because I knew that I wouldn't get outta bed.

So, we decided to go to the store before I got dropped off at home. Seeing as tho I didn't have any groceries there before my little vacation.

Inside the Walmart, I was strictly there for food. But, being the mom that she is, Brinah had to go look at the baby stuff. So, we split up and she agreed to meet me back here because she knew this is where I'd be. Leaving me there to wallow in my thoughts.

Why couldn't I choose? Why did I even think of dating other guys, knowing that I still had feelings for Trè? How could I do him like he did me? I knew better than to fight fire with fire. And now look at me, looking dumb.

As I was standing on the cereal aisle, I heard a sweet, voice behind me. "Well, what're the odds that I'd see you here today?" I turned to see it was Trè's aunt Theresa. Looking as beautiful as always.

"Hi," I said, giving her a hug. She gave me such a good vibe. "How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you, sweetheart?"

"Not so good," I admitted. "I hate how I treated Trè. He was right about everything he said about me. I was so busy focused on changing him, that I didn't realize that I was changing myself in the midst of all of that."

"Well, he hasn't been feeling all that good either, to be honest. You two are clearly still in love, you just may need a break for right now," she said. "And it takes a lot to be able to admit that you're wrong."

"Yea, you're right," I said, wiping the few tears that had fallen. "He got me crying in the middle of Walmart," we laughed.

"It'll be alright. Y'all are just both equally emotional and can't admit that y'all are meant to be."

"You think I messed things up permanently?" I asked.

"No, the way that he's sulking around, y'all will be back together soon. I've only seen him like this, once. And I thank God he got over her, so he could find sumn better."

"Am I better, tho? It's like even tho he hurt me in the past, I never imagined hurting him like this."

"Those are some things you need to be telling him. He needs to hear that," she said. I saw him walking up the aisle with his uncle and I got a little bit anxious.

For one, I haven't seen him since everything went down. For two, he was looking as fine as ever, without even trying of course. And for three, I looked horrible. I'd been crying and had on no makeup, wasn't dressed up, had barely brushed my hair, etc. And I saw Brinah walking my way, thank God.

"Hey Tima, how are you?" His uncle asked, hugging me.

"I've been alright, having some much need girl talk with your beautiful wife."