Catching up pt.2

Tima POV

Rushing over to Trè's aunt and uncle house, I didn't know what to think. I didn't know if they were safe or not and, it was worrying me. I've gotten close to them and would hate for anything to happen to either one of em. Plus, they were basically Trè's parents, so I can only imagine what's going on thru his brain right now.

I squeezed his hand to assure him that everything will be fine. Meanwhile, he sped through traffic like a bat outta hell.

"Call everybody over to their house, real quick," he said, lowly.

"Alright.."

I called Brinah and she said Meechy was pulling up to get them already. Then, I called Dmitri and Vena but, both their phones just rang with no answer. Which was odd because they both usually answer on the second or third ring. Something was wrong.

"Babe, Dmitri and Vena aren't answering," I told Trè.

He sighed, "Aight, look," he said. By now, we were in front of Hershey and Theresa's apartment. "Ima send some of the guys over to their spot." He pulled his phone out to text the guys.

Meanwhile, Meechy and Brinah were pulling up right behind us. They got out and we followed them.

Walking, well running up the stairs, we got there and Trè knocked. His uncle Hershey answered with a gun on his side.

"Y'all come in," he said. We walked in and was greeted by Theresa.

"Hey, how y'all doing?" She said.

"How y'all doing? Wassup with the call?" Trè asked. We all sat down to be briefed with what was going on.

"Some guys showed up and made some threats while I was down at the car getting my bag out," Theresa said. Trè looked spaced out and I knew why. He didn't play when it came down to his family.

"She came back up here and told me. And I ran out and shot at em. I got one," Hershey said.

"Where he at?" Trè said, anxiously.

"In the back. All the women and children stay out here." Hershey instructed.

The guys walked in the back and we were left in the front of the apartment. Brinah was keeping busy with trynna entertain Demi with the tv and some toys. Theresa was bush in the kitchen. And I was zoned out trynna piece everything together.

Why was this all happening?

Why weren't Dmitri and Vena answering their phones?

What were they gonna do to this guy?

Why did no one call the cops when they heard Hershey shooting at those guys? Did they not see him dragging a body inside?

What were they gonna do to Quincy and Bianca?

All the while I'm asking myself these questions, I was zoned out and walking towards the room the guys were in. I don't know what came over me but, I just had to see what was going on.

"Tima, you gotta get outta jere," Meechy said.

What I saw before my eyes was unbelievable. This guy was shot in his side and leg. His mouth was gagged and duct tapped. His face was destroyed and it looked like they were cutting him.