Steps pt. 2

Tima Pov

The past couple of days have been smooth. I've continued back with classes, got back to work with Brinah at the shop, and Trè and I are even speaking again.

We are more so working on our friendship than thinking of being together. We realized that our bond is better than being in a relationship.

I have spoken to Dmitri and explained what's been going on with Trè and I. He's given me advice and told me if Trè is who I wanna be with, then he understands and will fall back. He'd rather have me as a friend then, not be in my life at all.

That's the kind of people I need in my life. People who don't pressure me to be with them and still wanna remain close to me.

I haven't spoken with Dave since leaving New York and I'm starting to feel some kinda way about it. How can we go from talking damn near everyday to not speaking at all. Like if I did sumn, just let me know. Don't ghost me for no reason.

I grabbed my phone and decided to FaceTime him. At this point, instead of waiting for him, I might as well just be the bigger person and figure out what's really going on.

Phone call:

Dave: Wassgood?

Dave: Wassgood?

Hey..wassup with you? You can't call no more?

Dave: Nahh I've been busy for real.

I have, too. But, that's never stopped us before...has it?

Dave: Look, I got a lotta shit going on. Ion need all this Ra-Ra shit right now.

Dave...what the fuck are you talking about? What's really the beef? Cuz to be honest, you've been acting funny ever since right before I left NY.

Dave: I just peeped some shit that's all. Don't even trip, lil mama.

Well, could you man up and use your words to explain to me what's going on?

Dave: Heard ya been boo'd up while in my city, that's all.

Dave, I didn't know that you would feel some kind of way if I dated other guys. I'm sorry if I stepped on ya toes. It honestly was not in my intentions. You are a close friend of mine and I don't wanna lose you.

Dave: Look I gotta go, I'll talk to ya later.

So, that's it? You're not even gonna respond to my apology? Just gonna leave me hanging. I thought we were better than that.

Dave: Yea I thought we were, too. Bye.

End of convo

Baffled. Behooved. Shocked...all the feelings I had right now. I didn't think that we were a couple. I mean, I wouldn't have a problem dating him. But, I don't read minds. And I'm not tied down to anyone.