Loving you no more

Tima POV

It's been two weeks since my amazing night out and I'm in need of another. Tré hasn't been as annoying. But, every now and again, he'll send Good morning or I miss you texts.

I'm not saying I'll never forgive him. I'm just still hurt by everything. We still haven't sat down and talked and I've been thinking about it because I honestly need closure. Plus, I wanna know the truth about him and this other woman.

I picked up my phone and texted him that we need to talk and to meet me at my house in an hour. I decided on my place just in case I gotta whoop his ass. That way I won't embarrass myself in public or go to jail.

I was dressed down sort of. Sweats, crop top, socks and slides. I didn't even wanna put on my wig. I didn't need to impress him. But, I did anyway.

After relaxing for about half an hour, my doorbell rang. I knew it was Tré so I took my time answering the door. Just like he took his time showing up to love me.

I opened the door and there he was with flowers, my fav ice cream, and his perfect smile. The same smile that got me standing here looking stupid, in love now.

"These are for you," he said, handing me the gifts

"These are for you," he said, handing me the gifts. I thanked him and welcomed him in.

We sat at my dining room table after I put everything in its proper place.

"So, you wanted to talk?"

"Yes. Trevante, I have a few questions I need answered. I don't wanna leave off questioning or doubting myself," I explained.

"Go ahead."

"Why...why did you propose and then, when the first sign of trouble hit, you ran off and cheated?" I was literally holding back tears. I wanted...no needed to know the answer but, was afraid of what he might say next.

It felt like forever before he looked back up at me. He looked like he was searching for the answer.

"I...I don't know if I can answer that." The audacity.

"Was I not good enough?"

"What? No, you're more than enough..."

"Don't sit up here and feed me no bullshit," I said, cutting him off. "I need to know," I sort of whispered.

"It wasn't you. Baby, it was me. I fucked up. I wasn't good enough. To you. To me. To this relationship. I just...when you turned me down, I felt like I wasn't man enough for you."