Steps pt. 3

Tima POV

I hit up Vena, and she and I decided to go to Walmart. We talked about our Girls day and all that happened yesterday. We did what most girls do: hair, nails, shopping, etc. And, of course, Bianca saw some friends and left us. Which is cool with us but, it's just she does this all the time and it's weird.

Arriving at the store, we got out and headed inside. We grabbed separate carts and went our own ways, occasionally bumping back into each other.

"Girl, I want some of your gumbo," Vena said.

"Yeas, that would be so damn good right now. Lemme see, I got chicken, shrimp, and okra. I gotta get some rice, and seasonings." I went over to the next aisle and she said she'd catch up with me.

For some reason, they decided to put the rice on the highest shelf in the store. Me being 5'1 had a huge problem on my hand. I jumped about 3 times and was about to give up when I saw a pair of chocolate arms reach up and grab it for me.

"They should really rethink this whole 3-shelf thing," he said. I chuckled and so did he. "My name is Marcus, and yours?"

"I'm Tima," we shook hands as Vena made her way over to the aisle.

"Nice to meet you. Ya know, I rarely meet anyone as beautiful as you in a random ass Walmart. Can I get ya number?" He said. And with the way he smiled, I couldn't resist.

"Alright, hit me up sometime, beautiful," he said, walking away

"I will."

Once he was off the aisle, Vena started doing her dance. I laughed at her and put the rice in my basket.

"Biiiiitch, you be getting all the fine niggas. I wanna be like you when I grow up," she said, fake wiping a tear.

"You are hilarious. Come on, I'm gonna make this gumbo today."

We headed outta the store and went to my house. I text Brinah about what happened at the store and she called before I could even put my phone back down.

Phone convo

Brinah: Bihhhhhhh ya know what, this is getting outta hand. We can't even let Yo ass outta the damn house.

It's not my fault. *I laughed* I'm just too fine

Brinah: PERIODT Pooh. Niggas really on my sis tho.