No more drama

Tima POV

Ever since we left the therapy session, things have been good between Trè and I. He calls and checks on me all the time. Brings me food, takes me out, well when I don't have plans.

I know, I know. I thought you were working on things with Trè, Why make him go to therapy and you're dating other people, blah blah blah. I made him go because not only does he need it, but if we don't work out, this'll help us understand why.

I've been going out here and there with Marcus and he's the complete opposite of Trè. He's a laid back, chill, and more spiritual guy. And that's honestly what I need in life right now. He's so sweet and my friends all love him. They know what's going on with Trè and I and they understand why I'm dating other guys.

Dmitri and I have decided to just be friends. Not because of Trè or Marcus. But, because of the distance and we just feel more comfortable being friends. He's actually coming in town soon, so we'll be catching up then.

"Hey, I brought ya favorite," Trè said, walking in my kitchen.

"Hey, thanks. I didn't even realize you walked in. How was ya day?"

"It was good. I gotta go meet up with the realtor soon for this second location." He grabbed the food outta the bag and sat down at my dining table.

"You're finally doing it, huh?"

"Yea. A beautiful woman once told me to basically get my shit together first and then open it."

"This woman must be pretty wise," I said. We smiled at each other and continued to talk about all that was going on with him. He seemed to be really happy and this is what I want for him. Whether it's with me or not.

"So, how'd ya date go the other night," he asked, catching me off guard. How the hell did he know about that? I mean I'm not hiding anything from him. I just didn't think I had to tell him.

"Who told you about that?"

"Ya know I got my eyes on ya at all times. Even when you was in New York."

"Trè, please don't do that, ok. I am an adult. And I can handle my own."

"I'm forever gonna check up on ya. You mean everything to me. Forever and always." When he said that, I couldn't help but to get emotional. We could've been married and probably so much further in life right now, if things hadn't gone so sour. "You good?"

"Yea. It's just, I'm sorry. About causing all of this mess." I said. He stood up and grabbed me, holding me so tight. I just got lost in the moment.

"Look, we both know why we're in this mess to be honest. And I really wish we could just move past it. I messed up, and I hurt you bad. But, just know and trust that I'm gonna fight every single day until we are fixed and back whole again." He said, looking directly in my eyes. I said nothing and just nodding, assuring him that I understand.

My phone dinged, letting me know I had a new message. I silently grabbed it and read the message. It was from Marcus. Reminding me that he'd be meeting me tonight. Which almost slipped my mind, for real.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

"Yea, I just forgot I made plans tonight."