Down 4 mine

Meechy POV

Flashback: 2008

Chilling on the porch with my niggas, waiting for the sun to go down a little. It was hot af, like always, and we was just waiting for the action.

Me and the crew was street niggas. To the fullest. Yea I sling drugs here and there. But, tonight we had another job. We had to rob this strip club owner before he walked in there.

The plan was for me to run up on him and hold him at gun point. While my best friend Trè and this other nigga we knew, Rod collected the money. This nigga named Loc was supposed to be the lookout. In and out. Simple as 1,2,3.

I met up with Trè around 7:45pm and we headed towards the trap to meet with Rod and Loc. Rod was on time but, as usual, we had to wait for Loc slow ass. Always throwing some shit off track. Sumn about him was off tonight.

"Man took yo ass long enough," I fussed at him. Don't make no sense we ALWAYS gotta wait for his ass.

"Man fuck u, aight. I had shit to handle," he said sniffling and rubbing his nose.

"Bro u on that shit? Why tf would u get high before coming here? U know we got shit to do."

"Look we don't have time for this childish ass bullshit, aight? We got a damn job to do," Trè preached to us. He was always calming situations down. This time he was wrong tho. "Look we go in, do what we gotta do, then we out. Simple as that. No fuck ups tonight, aight?"

We all agreed and walked towards the car. I kept getting this funny feeling and I could not shake it. It's like I know sumn is gonna go wrong.

"Aye Trè...ion know bout this man."

"Man I know you're not backing out on me now. C'mon you know I gotchu. I thought u got me, too."

"Man U know I gotchu. But, I just got this funny feeling man. Sumn is off," I tried reasoning.

"Look, that's just nerves, aight. U good long as u with me. We brothers for life. Always have been, always will be." I just nodded and tried to shake the feeling off.

We arrived less than 15 mins later at our destination. Everybody masked up and strapped up. Trè made sure to say a little prayer before we all got out the car.

Everything was going fine. Just like in the plan. I had the nigga at gun point. And Trè and Rod was collecting the money. Everything was going smooth, according to plan. Until this nigga Loc started bitching.

"Man can y'all hurry tf up," he said, looking nervous.

"Aye chill tf out. Stop bitching. Just keep watch and make sur—," before I could finish my sentence, 10 niggas bum rushed us.

The room we were in was big enough for us all to duck down. Dodging bullets was all we could do at this point in time. Everything happened so damn fast. I checked to see where everybody was at and saw Trè and Rod behind the safe ducked down. But, when I looked up, this nigga Loc was shooting AT US!

I knew this nigga was on some scheming shit. He just was acting too nervous and shaking too much.

Me and Trè looked at each other before nodding our heads.