The "sit down"

Tima Pov

I was so ready to smack the hell outta Brinah that I wasn't even nervous anymore. It's like she complained about every thing during the ride. Especially anything Meechy said or did. Even his breathing.

I mean I get it. This is a stressful day but, that's no reason to be an asshole. Deal with the shit instead of dragging everybody else into it.

When we finally got to the house, my heart was ready to burst. The moment was bitter sweet, honestly. Bitter because of all the things that can go wrong. Sweet because I've really been home sick. This is where I grew up, my roots and beginnings for real.

"Babe..."

"Yea?"

"You oohkay? You look dazed out," Trè said. I truthfully was.

"Yea. I'm good..let's just go."

We all got out the car and headed towards the door. Everything still looked the same.

We walked up and I went to knock on the door

We walked up and I went to knock on the door. But, I froze. Old memories were coming at me heavy as a brick. Some good, some not so good.

Trè sensed my nervousness and moved to knock on the door. When he did, my mother showed up shortly after.

"Ooh my Lord! My baby is back home," she said, hugging me

"Ooh my Lord! My baby is back home," she said, hugging me. She then turned to hug Brinah and invited us in. "How are y'all? Y'all want sumn to drink?"

"Uhm maybe some water. That'll be nice. Ooh and by the way. This is my boyfriend Trevante, he goes by Trè. And Brinah's boyfriend—"

"Friend," Brinah said, cutting me off.

"Uhm...this is Meechy, mama."