ZIT Team Rescue

Requested by @poweraph !

This went way off course from my original plans :D

---------------------

Zedaph tapped his fingers against the wall anxiously. He had been waiting for an hour now for Tango and Impulse to meet him but neither one of his friends had even messaged the Brit.

"Where are they...?" he muttered to himself and checked the time. Time zone differences weren't throwing him off, were they? No, he was fairly sure he was on time and that the Americans were the ones that were late.

"I swear..." Zedaph wasn't normally one to get irritated, but an hour was unreasonable. He texted their group chat again but there was once again no response. He decided to go out and look for them, because if they were going to be late then Zed was going to be the posh one and reprimand them for their foolishness.

He flew to Tango's base first.

"Tango? Hey, where are you? You were supposed to meet me an hour ago!"

The only response was silence.

"Tango?" Zed wandered the fairy-pirate-grotto, but there was no sign of the blonde demon.

"Where could he have gone? Is Impulse with him? Guuuuyysss I don't know where you went~?" Zedaph sang nervously.

If Tango isn't here, and he isn't with me, then where is he? I know I didn't pass him on the way here. And I'm guessing that Impulse is in the same boat because he totally would have replied otherwise...

Zed exhaled in frustration and looked to the ceiling. Of course, something like this would happen, this was ZIT Team after all.

Guess it's up to Zed to find the bros!

He hurried out of the fantasy base and took to the air. Coasting along on gentle breezes, the sun setting over their amazing server's ocean. They had been planning on working through the night to have a caving competition in who could gather the most materials (Zed had sworn it was once called Abba caving, but neither of the others had heard of it like that) however it seemed that their plans had been scratched by something or another.

Zed was over open water, skipping the land and scanning the ocean and sky for anyone. He was flying to Impulse's base to the southwest, not actually expecting to find anything, until he did.

"Glowstone? On one of these islands? They're smaller than Mumbo's, who would want to build on one of these?" Zed asked himself and glided to the out of place light source. There was nothing around the glowstone except some scuff marks on the sand. They were fresh, or they would have been distorted by the wind, but there was no other sign of any people around.

Nothing, darn, Zedaph frowned and glanced around. I wonder who left this?

A shiver went down his spine as he realized that the clue wasn't in the sand, but rather on the glowstone itself as he spotted dark liquid filling the porous illuminating stone.

Blood...

He slowly dipped his finger into the liquid, shivering at the dark thoughts that passed through his mind. His concern only grew when he realized that the blood wasn't dark because it was in the shadow of the crevices, but rather because it was truly black.

Demon blood. Tango!

Something is really wrong then.

Zedaph looked out at the open ocean, wondering what might have happened to his friends. He silently took a running leap off the small elevation of the island and launched his elytra, now on the lookout for anything else out of place that could lead him on.