Tree of Life Pt. 4

I found a song for this AU!

Depending on how I write these next two parts this is either going to have one death that likely won't break people's hearts or it will have a BUNCH of deaths and people are going to be coming at me with tridents, because apparently those are now Minecraft pitchforks

🤠 is forever going to be the dead Scar emoji thanks to Hollie now, go blame her for making me hurt after planning that death for like a week with no regret until she bombarded me with that XD

————————

The small group floated at dusk to the small cave base in a multitude of boats.

It was a bitter irony, really, that the only reason the party fit in this bay was because nearly half of them were dead and not coming back as far as they knew, or grieving so much they couldn't continue onwards.

It was with a solemn, firm thunk as Xisuma was the first to climb onto the dock from his boat that he was sharing with Impulse, who had been silently grim himself as he traveled alone of his trio.

"Is... this the place?" Jevin asked slowly. Joe Hills flicked the map to straighten it and looked at the terrain of the cliff side, then at his map.

"I believe so," Joe confirmed.

X closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I hope we find the answers we're looking for..." he murmured under his breath.

The rest of the hermits heard him, but said nothing. Their numbers were crushed and it was obvious that Xisuma had been trying to be the leader he sometimes just wasn't. He may be the server admin, but that was because he had the technical know-how of how to run the server. He wasn't the emotionally strong one (that was Doc) or the strategic one (Cubfan, who looked like a ghost himself after losing Scar.) But X had taken the responsibility upon himself because of the duty he felt to fix this mess, and the fact that his role as admin has to have SOMETHING to do with all of it.

"Let's go," Doc climbed out of his boat like a soldier and marched into the cave.

"Doc- Doc! Are you sure that's a good idea? We don't know what, what horrors await us in there?" Joe protested.

Iskall was right behind the creeper cyborg, being in the same boat (literally) as him. The Swede looked back over his shoulder, his single eye sweeping over the remaining hermits in a vengeful dark gaze.

"We've already seen some messed up stuff in the past week, Joe. You weren't there for Grian, but he was messed up before he died. False just collapsed and died right in front of us. Tango went feral and starting acting like a real demon! And then if anything, I know we all saw how broken Cub was..."

There were small glances of grief and worry as each death was recounted. Stress had squeezed Cleo's pale green hand when False's dramatic, early death was mentioned, and Impulse winced at the memory of seeing one of his friends have to be killed with a sword to keep him from hurting anyone else after he had already stabbed Python with his horns.

Python died soon after as well.

"If there's ANY chance of at least keeping the rest of us from perma-dying, and MAYBE revive everyone else, we have to take it!" Iskall claimed firmly.

X knew that Iskall and Doc were right. He knew they ALL had to be as strong as them if they were going to fix everything. Even though there was a crushing pain every time one of those messages appeared on their phones, they had to keep going or every one of them were going to die.

X joined the two leaders and waved on the rest of the remaining hermits.

"Let's go, guys. For everyone."