Heeeeyyyyy Brother

There's an endless world to rediscoverrrrrrrr

Requested by @Bridgetthebirb after writing Sick Day lol
I... may or may not have forgotten about this after I was like halfway through, oops...

Hermitcraft truly is one giant, chaotic family =w=

————————

It was the start of season 6 and Mumbo was already on a roll in getting set up on the island base he had always wanted. Everything was going to plan until his phone buzzed with a server notification.

Grian joined the game

<Grian> hello everyone! I'm Grian!

<xisumavoid> welcome to Hermitcraft!

Mumbo stared at the username that has just joined. He knew they were going to have a new hermit joining, but GRIAN?!

<MumboJumbo> Grian? You're the new hermit?!

<Grian> MUMBOOOOOOO!!!!!

<xisumavoid> you two know each other?

<Grian>we grew up together, isn't that right, little bro?

Mumbo groaned. He had never thought he would have this conversation on the Hermitcraft server. Grian has always been doing EVO! Now he's in Hermitcraft?

Mumbo was overjoyed to see his brother, of course! It had been years since they had really seen each other. But Hermitcraft was also Mumbo's thing- massive projects, insane redstone, very technical and calm. Grian was in a way the opposite- he was a builder, creativity and energy basically emitted off of him. He was freespirited and energetic and liked to make a scene. He had always been more personable than the calm, collected, serious Mumbo. Mumbo was afraid that Grian's presence might... interfere? Overshadow? Mumbo's niche on the server as it had happened by accident in their childhood.

<Grian> Mumboooooo where are yooouuuuu

<MumboJumbo> on an island off the east coast of the futuristic district

<Grian> ...ok wait a sec let me find my map

I'm surprised he thought to bring the map, Mumbo thought to himself, normally he would just wing it.

He waited on the coast of his island facing the cliffs of the shopping district. He only had to wait a few minutes for a figure to appear, and then a few longer for said figure to row across the bay. When he was finally at the beach the red-clad figure jumped out the boat and scrambled up the beach.

"Mumbo! Hey! Long time no see!"

"Grian," Mumbo greeted calmly with a smile.

Grian didn't stop as he slammed into the redstoner, squeezing Mumbo as tight as he possibly could.

"GriAN-" Mumbo wheezed as the air was knocked out of his lungs.

The strawberry blonde was grinning like a fool. "So? What do you think?" He demanded happily.

Mumbo gasped as he was released and took a few deeps breaths, glaring at his older brother. Grian's eyes widened as he realized he was a bit too forceful and smiled apologetically.

Mumbo coughed, finally getting himself together. "Ahem, sorry. Think about what, now?"

Grian gestured to himself and then everything around them. "Me! Here! Hermitcraft! I'm SUPER excited to be here! Finally, one of the big ones! And you're here, I get to finally work with my bro more than just a couple of build swaps!"