Life's All Around Us, If We Look Hard Enough

Yes it's more Scar and Grian but NOT shippy, that was a one time thing LOL

This kinda dips into my playerverse ideas that I don't know what to do with, but Scar has terraforming/plant magic!!!

A weird title I know, but I kind of like it.

---------------

"Scar!" came a call from around the bamboo-wooded hill that separated Scar's and Grian's base.

Scar looked up from where he was crouched at the grass and waved.

"Grian, hey! You're just in time!"

"For what?" the red-sweated builder (how did he survive the jungle humidity with that thing on? Scar's wizard robe was as breathable as possible and half the time he still had his sleeves rolled up, and pants forgotten for a reason... that was actually still mostly comical.)

Scar waved Grian over and gestured to the flat area he had prepared earlier.

"Watch this," Scar told the other and placed his hands on the ground.

He dug his palms into the grass and smiled at the feeling of cool, moist dirt underneath his fingers. This was his home turf, where he knew he excelled more than anyone else. Scar knew he was a fool at a lot of things, but all his mistakes always went away when he felt the embrace of the earth with him.

He called out to the earth with his magic and smiled a bit more as the earth immediately responded back, excited and ready to be transformed to his will. The soil quivered and the stone beneath melted to putty and the plants around him reached for his touch and the seeds dormant in the soil awoke to see who called for their life.

Scar greeted all the elements that came to him and imagined the stone underground to rise to the surface and the soil parting for it to pass without resistance.

He glanced up to meet Grian's questioning dark eyes and smirked as he felt the ground underneath him rise to give him a pedestal and overlook his surroundings. Grian yelped and laughed as he took a few steps backwards. Scar asked the stone to stop growing and took his hands from the ground to look over the edge.

"That's amazing!" Grian yelled from the ground.

Scar grinned. "Think so?"

He kneeled back to the ground and planted his hands in the dirt again and imagined the stone under Grian's feet to rise as well. He laughed to himself as he heard the indignant squak from the builder and decided that he was going to put on a show for Grian with his magic.

Scar felt the stone spiral around his spire as he imagined it until the parts they were standing on equalled and melted together seamlessly.

"Holy cow, Scar what the heck?! You just, wow! Is this how you do all your terraforming?!" Grian blurted out.

Scar sat back into the grass that had stayed on top of his standing platform.

"For the basic forming, yeah. After I get the right shapes down I'll go in and get closer and do more detailing. I can usually only do one or the other though, cause using my magic drains my energy," he explained easily.

Grian sat down criss-cross applesauce across from the wizard, leaning on his knees and staring at Scar intently.

"Magic? I know you have magic. How does it all work? How'd you get it? Can I learn it? Can you use it for other things?" he bombarded. Scar held up a hand to try and slow him and giggled.

"Normally people aren't so interested in how my magic works," he said, "normally they're pretty awed or already know how it all works."

Scar leaned back on his hands and a few tulips sprung from the grass without his permission. He frowned and glared at them while Grian laughed and picked a pink one, and a yellow one, and a white, and started weaving them all together one by one.