// 10 : Ciel //

Apologies for the short chapter, everyone. If you have not checked the Story Details yet, please be informed that updates have now been moved to Tuesdays. 

Elizabeth's voice droned on and on for what seemed like forever. Ciel had toned her out what had seemed like hours ago, but he picked up parts about swords, some girls who took a liking to him, and Scotland Yard. Conversation with Elizabeth proved to be boring, and he wished something would happen, but no, out of everyday in his chaotic life, it had to be this one with no surprise visits from Lau, kidnappers, servant shenanigans, or letters from the Queen. It was just a monochrome day, filled in with shades of black and white.

"Um.. Ciel? Are you listening?" Elizabeth said, almost timidly.

"Ah, yes. Sure. What were you saying again?" Ciel asked.

"I was asking you if you were excited for the wedding..." The blonde mumbled, looking gloomy.

"Well, I am not a girl. I don't have much interest in weddings. That seems to be more appealing to a female, with all the dresses and flowers and such" He droned.

He heard a sigh from Elizabeth.

"Ciel, I feel like you're never interested by me. Ever since that tragedy, you've had an aura of distance. For other people like your butler, it seems like it went down, but not for me." Lizzy noted, surprisingly seriously.

"Oh, really? Perhaps watching your whole family die, then being kidnapped and tortured does that." Ciel said coldly.

"Ciel..."

"Sebastian was there for me after it happened. He's the one most loyal to me. That's why we're close. I'd appreciate if you treated him with respect as well."

"Right, then. Please excuse me. I've taken up too much of your valuable time. I'm going to go speak to Mey-Rin." Lizzy said, and left.

"Oh? Now... things really are getting interesting." The Phantomhive smirked.