× 28 : Sebastian ×

As the church bell rings and glass shards rain upon the butler, his master, the possessed girl and the grim reaper, a person with hair red as roses sweeps the debris off their coat. "My dear Bassy, it's been too long." They say with a smile revealing pointed teeth.

Of course, it's Grelle Sutcliffe with a grim looking William T. Spears behind him.

Sebastian only glares, shielding his master and ignoring the stinging pain from the shards in his back. "Personally, the time away was welcomed."

"Ahh! You are so cold as usual, good to see nothing's changed." He smiles again, only to be pushed aside by William's death scythe.

"We've no time for games," he glares at his companion. "We're here for that... troublesome thing."

William points to the pews, where Elizabeth was restrained, only to see nothing.

"Wait hold on where did she—" Grelle was cut off by a rapier strike towards his head. He gracefully dodged and readied his weapon.

"Blast. She's escaped." Cursed Madame Macabre as she summoned her death scythe.

"I didn't want to use too much force, but you will provoke me no further." She shouts, unleashing a full-powered attack at Elizabeth, who barely manages to evade.

Her scythe is larger than most reapers and imbued with energy more destructive than Sebastian and Ciel had ever seen. The weapon's blade was surrounded by a black mist-like miasma that caused Sebastian to feel weak at the knees.

The other reapers began to slowly sink to the ground as well, even Elizabeth's movements slowed. Ciel was mostly unaffected, his movements only slightly more sluggish. He spoke, curious to what was happening.

"Sebastian, are you alright?" He asked, supporting his butler.

"That weapon... seems to be leeching off my energy." Sebastian said, strain evident in his voice. He slowly laid himself down to avoid wasting his energy.

" Precisely. My weapon harnesses the power of all living entities other than myself that happen to be in a 500 meter radius. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience." The Madame chimed, before attacking again.

This time, Elizabeth could not dodge and the scythe ripped through her ankle. She screamed a bit before backing up, trailing blood from the point of disconnection.

Madame Macabre looked at her in pity. "I'm sorry my dear. You don't deserve to suffer like this."

She brought her weapon above her head, prepared to swing heavily down when a stern voice suddenly called "Halt!"

A bright light shone through the cathedral. A glowing figure dressed in white military uniform descended front the light with feathered wings affixed to its back.

Instantly, the Madame had her scythe disappear. She kneeled down as Grelle and William did.

"Stand, William T. Spears. Stand, Grelle Sutcliffe. Stand, Celeste Macabre." The voice commanded, and the three stood with perfect posture.

Sebastian looked in awe at the being. It turned to him and smiled kindly.

"The demon, Sebastian Michealis, I presume?" It said gently.

Sebastian bowed his head. "Yes."

Ciel was again confused. He bowed slightly and asked, "Excuse me, may I know who you might be?"

The being smiled again. "Your request is granted, Ciel Phantomhive. I am called 'Ash'. I am His royal servant."

Ciel processed this. Examining the humanoid being, it could be inferred that it, or he, was an angel... but an angel had been possessing Elizabeth... could he really trust such a being?

Most Unreliable Author Award goes to me. I'm really sorry about that, folks. I'll have 2 more chapters out later.