// 31 : Ciel //

The servants in question were completely baffled and bewildered.

"Am I asleep?" Bard asked, "Is this a dream or what?"

"I'm not sure, no I'm not. Hopefully I'll wake up and forget all about this." Mey-Rin said blankly.

"So Sebastian, he's a demon? And those three are reapers? And that bloke, he's an angel?" Finney said to no one, scratching his head.

"Ho... ho ho."

Snake only blankly stared at the angel, then the demon, the reapers and finally his master.

"I... am confused," He spoke in his own voice for the first time in several months.

Ash only raises a hand, and they all fall fast asleep.

"They will recall only small moments from today," He says.

"Thank you," Ciel says quietly, stepping away from Sebastian to kneel to the angel.

"You do not need to kneel to me, Ciel Phantomhive. I am only a servant of Him. I do not command respect."

"You have done me a favor, so I will kneel to you. Your position is irrelevant," Ciel said as he stood.

Ash smiled silently, but suddenly looked surprised. He stepped back a bit, dazed. Suddenly, he kneels.

Ciel looks to Sebastian, confused, before Sebastian runs to him and covers his eyes.

"What's happening?" He shouts in confusion.

"Don't look."

He hears light footsteps. "What a loyal butler," says a voice.

It was difficult to comprehend, the voice was clearly conveyed as one person, but it contained a resonance that was that of multiple people. It was calming, soft, warm but also commanded your attention, and gave off an air of omnipotence.

Ciel felt Sebastian bow, forcing Ciel to bow as well.

"Sebastian, who—" Ciel is cut off by the voice.

"I have many names, many appearances."

Ciel was shocked.

"You are... God?"