Who did this?

Ashley was sitting on Monty's lap in the school cafeteria. The boys were talking about baseball so she wasn't interested enough to listen to what they were talking about.

She realized at that moment that she wasn't surrounded by anyone that she was especially fond off.
Bryce is well... Bryce so he's out of the picture. Monty's amazing, the overprotectiveness just gets a lot in school. Zach is really kind, he's just always quiet around Bryce and Monty so he never gets to talk to her. Scott and Ashley had become very close lately, he wasn't like the others. He was kind and loyal and he really wanted to be friends with Ashley.

She saw that Jess and Alex were sitting together so she decided to go and talk to them. She rose from her boyfriend's lap, walked over to them and sat down next to Jess.

"What the hell is she doing?", Bryce asked as he watched Ashley in confusion.

"I don't know man, she just got up and left.", Monty shrugged as he turned around to see his girlfriend making her way to Jess and Alex.

"Well, she's been acting weird ever since they got back. So handle it.", Bryce said sternly to Monty, who with no questions asked would do whatever his best friend told him to do.

"I'll handle it.", Monty answered.

"Hey...", Ashley greeted her two friends.

"Jess, I'm sorry about Chloe, she's really dumb and really can't keep her mouth shut.", she added and made Jess laugh.

She just stood there awkwardly while Jess and Alex looked at each other.

"Can I sit?"

"Yeah sure.", Jess said as she scooted over to make place to her friend

"Wow, you look so pretty, I love the hair.", Ashley said to her friend as she had just noticed that Jessica's hair was straight instead of curly.

"It's court hair."

"I don't like it.", Alex suddenly said, also examining her hair. The two girls chuckled at his comment.

"Noted."

"What the hell happened to your face?", Jess asked the approaching Clay who's face looked like it just recently had taken a beating.

"Someone ran me off the road last night.", Clay said as he sat down.

"Someone in what looked like a black Range Rover."

"That's Bryce's car.", Ashley sighed, she looked over to her boyfriend's table and saw that they were staring at her and whispering about her.

"But... you're not testifying.", Jess exclaimed.

"Does he know that?", Clay asked her defeatedly.

"I don't think it matters. Whoever it is, they're coming after all of us.", Alex said as he pulled up a paper with red text on it.
When Ashley looked closer, she could see that it was those kinds of papers that you use at a shooting range. It had big red letters spelling out "Better luck next time.".

"This came in the mail yesterday."

"Jesus.", Clay sighed as he looked at it.

"Wait, have all of you gotten threats?", Ashley asked her three friends who all nodded.

"Then how come I haven't gotten anything?".

"Maybe because you're getting threatened as it is, just being together with him.", Alex answered, turned around and nodded towards Monty's table.

"This is nuts.", Jessica sighed.

"We have to fucking stop him.", Clay said as he slammed his hand on the table.