Leaving

Ashley wouldn't be able to live with herself if she didn't say goodbye to all of her friends before she left town with Justin. Her first stop was Zach who she hadn't had a full conversation in a long time. She had missed him for sure.

She knocked on his door and she was met with a very sleepy Zach.

"Ashley?", he asked with a frown. "Come in.", he said and ran his hand through his hair. She pulled out a chair, sat down and watched the 6'3 boy struggle with his crutches.

"What are you doing here?", he asked with a confused expression.

"I know that we haven't spoken in a while but I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving town and I wanted to say goodbye.", she explained as she fidgeted with her hands.

"Wait, hold on, you're leaving? What about Monty and Justin and Jess?", he asked and steadied himself on his crutches.

"I broke up with Monty, I'm leaving with Justin and I'm gonna talk to Jess.", she answered quickly.

"About time you broke with him.", he smiled. Ashley rose from her chair, walked towards him and embraced him.

"I ain't gonna lie, I'm gonna miss you, Ash. I hope this makes you happy.", he chuckled as he wiped away a tear from his eye. "I'm gonna miss you too, Zach.", she smiled at him. "You've been a good friend."

Before she walked out of his house, she gave him a kiss on the cheek. Zach had been there for her when she didn't have anyone. He had always been a loyal friend and deserved the entire world.

————————————————————

"You look beautiful.", Sam said with a smile. Ashley smiled towards her brother that was sitting on the other side of the glass.

"Sam, I'm leaving.", she sighed and looked into his brown eyes. The phone that she was holding to communicate with him was about to get wet from tears. She loved him so unbelievably much.

"It's alright, kiddo. I've been waiting for this day for years. You never liked this town and I would never get out from this shit hole in time to convince you to stay.", he said with a smile playing on his lips.

"When you get out of jail, I want you to come to New York City and stay with us.", she said as she held the phone tightly.

"I don't want to ruin your life again, Ash.", he sighed and looked down at his hands, making his curls fall down his face.

"Promise me, Sam.", she insisted. He let out a big sigh before saying exactly what his sister wanted to hear.

"I promise."

"Goodbye, Sammy. See you soon.", she smiled as she put down the phone and rose from the chair.

"Goodbye, little sister.", Sam sighed as he watched his sister walk away.

—————————————————————

Her next stop was at Monéts where she was meeting up with Jessica and Alex.

She walked inside and immediately saw her two friends sitting at their regular spot.

"God, we haven't spoken in ages.", Jess said with a smile as Ashley sat down in the chair in front of them.

"I know, it's been way too long.", Ashley sighed and noticed that Jess and Alex were sitting awfully close to each other.

"So, you said that you were leaving town, right?", Alex asked with a sad expression. "Yeah, I feel like it's time, I mean, I've been trough a lot in this town and I feel like I need to leave this place to actually feel happy.", she explained.