Trial

The Bakers suing Liberty High came as suspected. The whole school was on edge and no one really knew what to do.

The halls that were usually the loudest place at the school, were now the most quiet place.

Well... at least before the baseball team walked in. Their loud voices filled the hall and made every student lower their gaze.

Monty had his arm around Ashley and was talking about last nights game with the other boys. She hadn't spoken a word to either Monty or Bryce.

She didn't know if he knew about the trial and she sure as hell wasn't risking anything and she was still pissed at Bryce for what he did to her friend.

She swore on her life that she would avenge Jess someday.

"Did you hear about the trial?", Bryce asked when the group stood by the lockers.

Ashley felt the color draining from her face as she stared at the ground. Monty looked at his friend with a confused face.

"The Bakers are suing the school because someone gave them the tapes", Bryce continued when he saw that he didn't understand.

Her boyfriends arm became stiff around her shoulders and Ashley's hands began to tremble of nervousness.

"My bets on Lil Jensen", Monty said while nodding at Clay.

She knew damn well that the baseball team was going to mess with him, they were probably going to hurt him so bad that he was going to admit to something that he didn't do.

She really wanted to help him but she knew that Monty would NEVER let her help 'Lil Jensen' since Clay was playing on the 'opposite team' as he liked to call it.

"Don't...", Ashley said angrily with a hint of tiredness in her voice when the boys started walking up to the skinny boy.

They completely ignored her and stood in front of him. Bryce grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him up so that Clay's feet were just dangling above the ground.

He then said something that made Clay's eyes widen up with fear. Bryce wasn't even doing anything to her but he still terrified her since she knew exactly the one who gave away the tapes.

Clay somehow broke free from his grip and quickly walked away.

"You're dead Jensen!", Bryce screamed after him. Every student in the hall sympathized with the small skinny boy since no one wanted to be on Bryce Walker's bad side.

She wanted to help him, she really did but the fear of the baseball team stopped her.

The boys walked back to her and looked awfully proud over the fact that they just scared someone half to death.

"What was the point of that?", Ashley asked tiredly and looked up at the frail male egos that were now trying to explain themselves.

"Well, you see uhh...."

"We have to do it since uhh...."

"We have to keep him quiet.", Bryce interrupted the others when he saw her raised eyebrows.

"Really?", she said quietly while rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

Monty put his arm around her and whispered "I'm sorry you had to see that." in her ear.
She looked surprised at him and thought to herself that maybe he had changed....