Chapter Five

***A/N***
There is homophobia in this chapter

Steve’s POV

When we got home, Tony and I got dressed in clothes to wear on the plane. I put on jeans, a plaid blue and green t-shirt, green nikes, and my brown leather jacket. I put on a baseball cap and my glasses and waited for Tony to finish getting ready after going to the bathroom. When I walked out of our restroom, I looked up at my spouse to see him shirtless, on our bed, messing with his wedding ring, smiling, as though he forgot everything else around him.

“Tones?” I laughed and he looked up at me and shook his head out of its daze, so he remembered where he was.

“Sorry.” He said taking off his pants. He then put on a black AC/DC hoodie that covered the glow of his arc reactor. He put on dark blue jeans and black hightops, smiling up at me.

“Ready?” He asked grabbing our suitcases. I nodded kissing him one more time and pulling his hoodie over his head, to hide his identity.

“You should wear your glasses more often Cap.” Tony said as we got into the taxi. When we got to the airport we checked in and went to Tony's private jet. I was still amazed by all the cool machines they had, and gaping at how they could detect any metal.

“Your so old.” Tony teased and I pushed him.

“Oh come on you love me.” He laughed taking off his shoes to step into the metal detector. I took off my shoes, and jacket, and then kissed the top of his head.

“Well that is why I married you.” He smiled and walked through the machine and I followed. On the other side I slipped on my jacket and then my shoes and Tony did the same. I spun my wedding ring on my finger and noticed that there was a little message inscribed.

“What is this?” I asked adjusting my glasses, so I could see it better.

“Well you know how I told you I had a little surprise?” Tony asked, and I nodded.

“Well this is it, I got little messages written on the rings.” I took mine off to get a closer look and read the words out loud.

“‘I love you’ TONES” It said. I leaned over to looked at Tony’s and read his.

“‘I love you’ STEVIE” I smiled and bent my neck to kiss him.

“The rings don’t lie.” I whispered, and he intertwined his fingers with mine.

“I love you, honey.”

I then picked up our stuff and lead us to the first class waiting area whispering back, “I love you too, darling.”

When we got on the plane we went to our seats in the very back. Every two seats were facing each other and had a little wall of privacy from the other seats. In the 40’s, planes barely looked like this and Bucky and I could never afford transportation, let alone in a plane.

We sat down in our seats and were greeted by a girl in a blue flight-attendant uniform. She had greenish-blue eyes and short blonde hair. When she walked up, she smiled sweetly and said, “Hello welcome to southwest airlines. Can I get you anything?”

Tony looked at me and I shook my head and Tony looked back at the woman.

“No.” He answered and she nodded.

“Thank you.” I smiled as she walked away. She was about half way down the aisle when she spun on the heel of her shoe and looked at Tony.

“Tony Stark?” She whispered, speeding back over to us. I smiled at me husbands as he nodded and the flight attendance lips spread into a wide smile.