Chapter 25

"You never answered my question." he said when I moved away.

Well I tried to move away anyway, he just pulled me down to sit on his lap.

"Which question?"

"Did you eat anything today at all?" he said.

"No, I didn't. How do you know me so well in just a month?"

"Not to sound like a creeper but I've been watching you for a long time. I've learned to read you from afar and now that I get to be close it's easier to read you. We've also spent a lot of time together this month." he added with a smile.

"You're honestly something, I wish I could say the same. I mean, I have been watching you too because you're hot so why wouldn't I?"

"I knew it was just for the looks." he said, chuckling.

"It's for so much more than that, in a short time." I replied, taking his face in my hands.

"We get to spend more time together now."

"That we do, I don't know what this is or what it might be but, I want this to work Leati. I want that more than anything."

"That's the first time that you've used my first name." he said softly.

"I thought it fitted better for this conversation."

"That it does." he said, smiling softly and kissing me again.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked him.

"Relax . . . do nothing with you. What do you normally do on a lazy day?"

"I don't have a lot of lazy days."

"Right, you have other business. So what do you do when you get home from work?"

"Chug wine and binge watch tv shows on Netflix." I replied, shrugging my shoulder.

"Okay, let's do that but without the wine."

"Hey! Wine is an important major food group to me."

"It's not a food group and it's not healthy Arianna, you need real food." he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Wine is food. It's grapes, you know, fruit." I argued.

"You're delusional."

"Are you gonna tell me that you don't sit in front of the TV watching football and basketball games drinking beer?"

"That's once in a while and with other people."

"The good doctor says that wine is good for the heart."

"One glass, one a day."

"Where's the fun in that?" I asked.

"Alright, Miss Alcoholic, I prefer to watch TV without the bottle of wine." he said.

"Fine, I should probably change though." I told him, realizing that I'm still in my bikini.

"Yeah, me too."

When he let go of me I pulled a pair of sweatpants and a tank top out of my bag. I went to the bathroom and splashed my face with water, cold water. I walked out without changing because I didn't hear anything from the room.

Anoa'i had taken his shirt off and I was slightly distracted.