Chapter 43

She broke my heart, she really did. I wouldn't mind being closer to them on a regular basis. I mean, if we're gonna spend more time together it makes no sense for me to be all the way in Pensacola whenever we're home. I have my apartment in Orlando and it's close to the gallery so I can use the office there whenever I'm home. Brilliant beyond brilliant idea!

I'd still be close to everything that I need. It's closer to the Orlando gallery, I can work from there most of the time. I haven't been to that gallery nearly as much as I should, either of them actually, this works for me. I really like this plan, I like it a lot.

"I can live closer, mariposita, I think I would like to be closer to you too." I said, looking over at Le.

"What do you mean?" He asked, a curious look on his face.

"My apartment, amor, the one in Orlando. I'd be closer to you and to my family. It's really a win-win situation. We can do weekends at my house with everyone if you want and I want you to meet my family in Orlando. I think it's a good idea." I told him.

"You'd be willing to do that for us?" He asked, emotions whirling around his beautiful gray eyes.

"For me, you and Jo, yeah. I'm more than willing to, I want to be closer to you. It's a long drive from Orlando to Pensacola, this is better for everyone and there are two rooms in the apartment. It honestly makes no sense for me to stay in Pensacola when you guys are so far away from me. I think this is the best thing that I can do. My main gallery office is there anyway. "

"I swear you are the best thing to ever happen to me." He said, kissing me over his daughters head.

"I guess that's a yes, what do you think mariposita?"

"I love that idea! Is it close to my house?" She asked.

"It's close to my house Jo, really close." He said with a big smile.

"I can start working on moving my things after the shakeup. Honestly speaking, I don't need to take much with me, I've got clothes and everything there, I've even got my own car there. I don't really need to take anything with me but I have to buy some things." I said as we got in his car.

"What do you need for the apartment?" he asked, driving away.

"I have to go food shopping, get some personal things. I don't really spend time there but I have the apartment always ready just in case I need it. Decorative stuff, bed sets, I need to set up a home computer for when I'm there. Get a file cabinet for my papers, I can order the majority of things that I want and have it sent to the building. If not there I've got my office at the gallery and I want you to see it." I told him.

"You're amazing." he said, grabbing my hand and kissing my knuckles.

"It's nothing special, it's just moving around a little."

"It's amazing!" Jo shouted.

"It is something very special, you're leaving your home." he argued.

"My home is wherever I feel comfortable at, at the moment. I'm certain that I'll be just fine, as much as I love my house it does get lonely at times. It's why I spend most of my time with Trinity and Jimmy or in Orlando with my family anyway." I told him.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive. I'll probably follow you tomorrow, since we've got the show on Monday. I'm gonna take my family the tickets, they're going to both shows since the Shakeup is a two-day thing."

"Okay, so when do I meet them?"

"Yeah, when do we meet them?" Jo asked.

"Mariposita, you and daddy will meet them on Monday."