Chapter 40

"Daddy look, its Descendants!" Jo said when she walked into the room, her eyes wide in surprise shock, making me laugh when she ran over and flopped on the bed.

"That's why you asked me?" he asked, the shocked look on his face slightly gratifying.

"Yeah, of course, it's a new place for her and I want Jo to be comfortable." I replied, watching the little girl jump on the bed.

"Do I have to share with Jayla?" she asked.

"Of course not mariposita, why?" I asked.

"This is a really big bed, it's all for me?" Jo asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, the entire thing is just for you." I told her.

"This is awesome!" she shouted making me wince.

"Jo baby, you can make all the noise in the world, say whatever you want but please don't say awesome. Not in front of me." I begged with a grimace.

"Right, The Miz, right . . . okay." she said, making her father and I laugh.

"Time to lay down, you had a busy day and it's late young lady." Le said, walking over to the bed and tucking her in.

"Goodnight daddy, goodnight Arianna. Thank you for today." she said, yawning in between her words.

"Goodnight mariposita." I replied, kissing her forehead.

"How do you say goodnight in Spanish?" she asked.

"Buenas noches, mariposita." I replied, walking over and kissing her forehead.

"Buenas noches." she said with a sleepy smile.

I left the room and walked over to mine, giving father and daughter a minute together. I grabbed two bottles of water from the mini-fridge since we all had enough beer and soda tonight, taking them with me outside.

My favorite spot in my house is the little balcony off of my bedroom. It overlooks the pool and the ocean behind my house so that's where I went. It gives me peace and beauty in its solitude, I can go anywhere in the world but this is where I want to be. If I get that new house I won't be able to sell this one, I just can't.

Before I went to the balcony I did change into something a little more comfortable and suited for the night. I pulled on a set of black pajamas, the top was a short cami with lace details on the borders and the shorts were . . . short with lace details around the leg areas. I left my hair loose because I know he likes it that way and went outside to wait for him. I know that he'll find me because I showed him earlier where my room and everything else was when he asked me where he could put his bags.

Standing at the banister I got caught up looking out at the ocean the same way I always do when suddenly I felt hands on my waist and lips on my neck

Standing at the banister I got caught up looking out at the ocean the same way I always do when suddenly I felt hands on my waist and lips on my neck. I pressed myself back against his hard chest and felt his groan just as much as I heard it. His hands moved up my side, one going around my stomach the other fisting in my hair.