Chapter 41

I can't deny that I really love having a full house and lots of people to cook for, nothing can compare to hearing all of the laughter. Growing up in a big family I'm used to all of these sounds, they're my happy sounds outside of work. Cooking big meals and having everyone over is one of the best parts of having the big ass house. It's part of the reason I bought such a big house, so that I could have everyone over like this.

I made omelettes for the adults and for Jayden, Jayla's muffins were almost ready, the nutella pancake batter was made and ready to pour into the mold. Bacon was sizzling, a lot of bacon, fresh fruit was cut and plates were already being brought out. There was toast, different jams and scrambled eggs for whoever wanted extra. When the food was done and placed in the warmer I went and set the table out by the pool.

"Lalelei, you should've called me to help you set the table at least." Le said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"It's okay, I like to do this. Go tell everyone that they've got five minutes before the food is ready."

"Come here."

Turning me around he grabbed me by my ass, picking me up and melting my brain with a scorching hot kiss. Pressing my back against the wall he moved his hands to my thighs and tightened for a second. When he pulled away and I had the power to open my eyes again his eyes had turned that dark stormy grey and I wanted to just have him then and there but not possible sadly enough.

"Not that I'm complaining but what the hell was that for?" I asked, sliding slowly down the wall.

"You . . . you're amazing."

"What are you talking about?"

"Look at all of this, you didn't have to do any of this."

"It's my house babe, I have to make sure that everyone's enjoying themselves. I have to feed you all, too. " I said, not seeing where he's coming from.

"I know that it's your house but you didn't have to go through all of this." he said, waving his arm to encompass the table and everything.

"Le, what's wrong babe?" I had to ask, there's definitely something more to this.

"My mom is a lot like you or you're a lot like her, I don't know, but she loves putting on these big events for the family. Galina, she's a good person and a . . . good mother but a homemaker she is not and I guess . . . I'm just very grateful."

What he said got me thinking, Galina obviously isn't a very family oriented woman and I think that's very important to him, especially since he's used to a big family. It makes me want to do more of these things for him and Jo, they deserve it. I want them to have it just to see them smiling as they have been since yesterday.

"It makes me happy to do these kinds of things, I enjoy it and it makes me happy. I wanted to do this for all of us. Babe, I just wanted to have everyone here and to make sure that everyone was happy. I wanted to make sure that you and Jo were happy here because I want you to come back."

"You did more than that, you made sure that Jo had her night light, her favorite bed set, you made sure that she was safe in the pool. Aria, you made sure that Jojo felt safe and comfortable in a new place. You don't know how much that means to me, so much more than anything else."

"It was my pleasure, as much as I wanted you here, I wanted Jojo here that much more. I want to spend time with her, she's a very special little girl. I wanted both of you here and I did what I had to do to make sure that you were comfortable."

"Thank you, you don't know how much it means to me."

"Come on amor, let me finish here so that we can enjoy the day before you have to leave." I told him.