Chapter 16

What are the odds that the teacher you like is your assistant coach this year. Everything is fcked up.

The season for volleyball is in already. We sure are going to be busy for this month preparing for the game between schools that is going be aired on TV. We need our tittle back. Obviously, we didn't have the tittle for the past three years, I know, because I wasn't in the team for those years. I'm not saying that our school didn't win because I wasn't in, but you could say that.

I'm already playing volleyball since I was young, my mother played with me so. I played volleyball all my life but decided to take a break 3 years ago. But now, I want to be back, not just because I want to but because I think she's coming, I think I might see her again, I sensed it.

"Welcome back Captain!"-my team mates run towards me to the bench. Wearing black spandex shorts and royal blue shirt and some white and silver for the letter and logo.

It's cool if you can actually see it.

I smiled at them.

"I'm glad you decided to come back"-Sarah said, yes she was one of my crushes, the gorgeous one.

"Of course. It's tiring to hear you loses for the last years."-I rolled my eyes.

"Do you want a kick on your face?"-She readied herself for a kick, her legs raise in front of my face, her shoes few inched away from my face.

Concluding she isn't gonna do it, I grab her legs and swung it clockwise until her butt reached the ground with a loud thud.

"Bitch!"-She called me and so I laugh with the others.

"It's nice to have you back Xyden, It was hard taking care of your team mates without you."- Coach Smith appear from my side, he's in his late 20's. Came with him was her, In—I mean Ms. Taylor in her spandex too, and the uniform shirt similar to Coach Smith is wearing.

Oh God. Please help me.

I maintain a stoic face, not wanting to let her see that I was bothered.

"Sure they confide on me about how you yell at them Coach."- I chuckled fake-ly.

"Xyden, here is Ms. Taylor, she's the assistant coach since two years ago. You wouldn't know since you won't even take a peek at this gym during practice"-He pretended to be hurt

"Zabrina, this is Xyden, she's the captain and let's say the mvp I guess, as she claimed"-I clenched my fist as I heard him saying her name so casually.

"I know her Coach Smith, she's in my class"-she said then smiled like we weren't in some stupid encounter few nights ago.

"Well then, let's start the practice"-Coach Smith announced and so we went to get a ball and into the court.

My team mates line up at the other side of the court while I stayed here with Coach Smith and Ina— Ms. Taylor (fvck it whatever) on other side to pass and toss them a ball to spike.

I toss another ball to Amanda this time, the bitchy attitude I had crush with years ago.

She spiked the ball outside the court and I frown as she muttered some curse blaming her hand. Though she's a bitch, she'd never bitch out her team mates, especially me, her captain.

"Maybe if you take control of your hand with the ball, you can stop cursing your hand there"-I stated as she sigh and run to the back to wait for her turn to spike again.

"Amanda, know your weakness, your strength in hitting the ball is great but you need to control. It's not just about hitting, take some time to practice it, turn it into a kill Amanda"-I said and tossing another ball to Sarah.

Wait, wtf. Do I have crushes to all my teammates before? On her back was Janine.

"Toss it babe. Toss it haaaaard~"-She smirk as her 'hard' sounded like a moan teasing me. Hearing that in different way, I decided to take a different toss to her instead.

I throw the ball into a spin in the air and hit it to her court in a kill like serve. She has improved if she can take that.

Not expecting the ball to be toss gently, she bent her knees and readied her hand to hit it back to me but she failed collapsing her body on the floor.

I laugh as I watch her glare at me. I forgot the two Coach were at my back watching as I went to Sarah offering a hand but she pulled me down instead and push me on the floor straddling me.

"Yah! Get off me!"-I tried to push her but she won't budge.

"I said toss it hard babe, not harder."-she grind lightly on me and whispered seductively (not enough for me to be luted in though) as my teammates burst into laughter.

We're comfortable enough with Coach Smith to make this kind of things in his supervision but then little I forgot there is an assistant Coach watching us.

"Okay that's enough Sarah. Xyden come here and finish your work"-Coach smith chuckles as he motion me to the court we were at before I landed to his court.

"Go there babe, finish me off~"-Sarah continued her teasing so I raise my middle finger to her in front of everyone.

"I'll be gentle then"-I ride their trip and toss the ball to her side spiking the ball.

"See, you like gentle Sarah. You can't keep on hard"-I wink at her as she run to the back lining up again to take her turn.

"Next!"

"You okay Zabrina?"-I heard Coach whisper at my back and I took a sudden peek just to find her glaring at me.

Finding herself caught, she diverted her attention to my teammates and scribble something on her file, some statistics and records maybe.

Weird.

This time, it's time for me to hit. And to my luck, he push Ms. Tay—- that fcking name irritates me, I'm more comfortable to Ina. Coach push him in the court to make a serve for me.

She took some stretches for a lil bit and started. She raises her left hand to toss the ball in the air and raise her right hand to hit the ball.

I look at her arms flexed as she did it and my eyes made their way to her flat stomach. *gulp*

"Xyden!"

The last thing I knew I was already on the ground but conscious.

I heard my team mates rushing to me including coach and...Ina. Her face came to my view with someone weird expression, a worried one.

It's like tattooed in my mind. I had no one to worry about me before. As much as I like seeing her worry about it, if I am even right about her expression, I really like getting such emotions from other people.

"Are you okay Davis? Is your head hurting?"-I felt coach kneeler beside to check on me.

I blink a few times feeling if I'm hurt, I sat up and there I feel my head hurting a lil bit.

Was I hit by a ball? Damn

"I'm fine."

"We hit the ball with our hands, not with our heads Xyden." Sarah commented and I look up to glare at her.

"I was just distracted" I reasoned out standing up and stumbling a lil bit but she was fast to help me.

"I'm fine." I glared at her but she has still this expression on her face I don't wanna see.

"It's not like you to get distracted Xyden. Focus" Coach said before asking everyone to continue the practice.

Damn, this woman is making me feel everything I haven't felt before.