Chapter 18

Slowly opening my eyes, what I saw straight was a fvcking ceiling? Wait why is there a ceiling? Am I in house? My unit? Oh no my ceiling is not this ugly.

"You're awake!"-that was Camilla's voice.

I adverted my eyes to look for her just to find a strange room. Oh God, not hospital again.

*face palm*

Just after I hit my forehead, all the memories earlier went back and realisation hit me on why I am here. I peep inside my hospital dress expecting the wires of ekg and they're there.

Just I was about to complain about it, I heard the door open and a man with a white coat came in.

"Look doctor, my heart and blood are both fine, it was just a pure panic attack, these wires doesn't really suit my fashion please get this off."-I rolled my eyes and saw him smile.

"I presume you're used to this kind of situation already."-He concluded walking closer to me writing some things on his folder.

"Yeah, my friends didn't know panic attack will just last few minutes to hours"-I said eyeing Cathy, Lauren and Camilla on the couch not too far away from my bed.

"You didn't ask for my parents right?"-I gave him a curious look and before he can even answer, the door opened again.

"Oh God! You did!"-the door brought my dad wearing his uniform lol a tuxedo and a messed up necktie.

"A guardian is always needed to guard you Xyden"-The doctor smirk. Oh God oh God, I don't like this doctor at all even at the very start, the day he became my doctor. Yes, he's my doctor ever since I was sick. A family doctor I may say.

"I'll be 18 in two weeks McArthur and I won't need a guardian, please visit my party so you can graduate as my doctor too"

"Oh dear I'll graduate as your doctor if you graduate as a patient okay?"-Oh bitch no.

"Xyden what happened?"-Pretending to be concerned, dad looked at me and to the doctor.

"It was a panic attack, you shouldn't come here, your mistress needs a hand in shopping and spending all your moneys"-I sigh and rest my back on the bed as I feel the fatigue and tiredness again.

I keep remembering Ina. Is this it? Are we just going this far? Even if I want to keep her I can't, she doesn't want to be kept by me.

How am I going to fight a 5 year relationship? I can see she's happy with him before we even have this something. Is 'we' even the right term? I started it, I was the one who made the thing going on with us, it was just me, only me who made meanings and who forced her, it was me. Maybe she didn't have an option. I didn't given her.

She was happy with him, there were times when her boyfriend fetch her at school, they give each other a hug before going inside the car which they didn't know there were a lot of students watching them. They also tag each other on social media, vacations together, and the guy visits her family. They are ideal and we're not. I don't deserve her at all. These were all delusions for me. Why the heck am I ruining such a lovely relationship.

They're going strong each day they're together, how could I just butt in on a relationship that I wasn't wanted. Clearly she doesn't want me, but why do I find so many hopes and signs that she likes me back? Is this because I like her too much that I always give meanings to her actions more than what it should be? God please help.

"Xyden!"-almost jumping out of my bed, I glared at my dad who just yelled at me.

"What?!"-I reply with same tone.

"I've been talking to you yet you aren't answering, are you hurt anywhere?"

Was I zoning out?

"I'm fine. I just have too much on my mind."-I pressed my body more on to my soft bed.

"Can I help?"-he ask softly

"Why do you think I need your help dad? I had manage everything before and I will manage everything this present and in the future. I don't need your help. And one more thing, I'm not going to your house anymore, I'll be living somewhere away from that house who's sheltering a monkey"

He isn't my dad anymore, not the one I used to have at least.

"You're not allowed not to go home Xyden."- He stood there firmly and as if he could control me by being that way.

"Oh I am. I have money anyway, never did I accepted your money since she left. All the money, every single penny you gave me were resting in one bank account and dad trust me I didn't even think of touching those."

I'm brave enough to take actions on my own, I have money, my grandparents from my mother side pass all the inheritance to me and my mother, basically the inheritance were 50-50 for me and my mother.

The amount? It is big enough to use it for my entire life. I can control my expenses on my own, of course a business after I graduate.

"You're being rebellious Xyden. You are still 17 and you are not leaving the house."-He maintained his tone. Firm and strict. And guest what? I am his and my mother's daughter, way more firm and strict.

"Try me dad. I'll be 18 in few days and you can't do anything about it. You want to take it legally? Bring it on dad, Let's see who will win the game, you and your mistress living in a house that my mom didn't permit so and neither I have, or me who's going to turn 18, well supplied and supported financially"-He stood there being challenged. I know that even if he stood there firm, he knows I was right and I am right.

He was silent, the room was silent and I forgot that we aren't the only ones in the room. I saw the doctor and friends just standing there not wanting to move nor break the silence.

Not until I did.

"So Mr. MacArthur, when can I go? I'm completely fine? When can I PAY the BILL?"-I emphasized.

"*ehem*" he cleared his throat.

"Since you're fine and it was just a panick attack you can be discharged anytime you want"-He said smiling and leaving the room.

It was silent again.

"I need to go, you are no longer needed here. Think it was just a role play and you as a dad needed as a guardian to a child you abandoned"-I sat up on the bed removing the IV fluids connected to me.

"I wasn't the one who abandoned you. She did and you need to accept the fact that she wasn't an angel trying to protect you. You are just sugarcoating all her mistakes just so you don't feel the pain of being abandoned by a mother!"-It was like a microphone dropped on the ground that made an unbearable sound for my ears.

*slap*