Chapter 23

XYDEN'S

After the silent breakfast, we have gone to work separately. She's staying around the hotel area to do some work regarding the management. I, on the other hand, went to the construction area for the new hotel and restaurant. It's quite far from the hotel, about 20 minutes ride.

"Good morning Ms. Davis!" Said the workers

"Just Xyden" I smiled

They went back to their works whilst I went around the area like a supervisor checking the materials and all.

Many are too doubtful about my skill as an engineer but I tend to shut them up with my works. Not being boastful but I work the best in my field. I have my own company but I still choose to work as one of the working engineers.

I fish my phone from my pocket when I felt it vibrate.

"Davis speaking"

"I found her"

I look at the screen to see the Detective's name.

"Details." I commanded

"I'll send it by email."

"I'll send the remaining money if I'm satisfied of your work" With finality, I ended the call.

There's a mini office not so far at the construction area. For the past few weeks, I've been staying here. I also brought some of works here so I won't be going back and forth.

As soon as I finished college, someone approached me and introduced as my grandparent's family lawyer. They actually left me a company to manage and fortunately it's aligned to the course I took, engineering.

I finished the course within 3 years, quite advanced. I have never took vacation, not even a single day, all my holidays are spent studying, I applied for trimester so I can graduate faster. I took more subjects than an average student should take. It wasn't easy but I have no choice, I have no one to rely to and I need to go back and keep my promise.

I am not healed yet, I am still insecure, but woman this time. I don't know but I don't have the strength to let her go.

My day is filled with papers that needs to be reviewed. My butt actually hurts from sitting but I got used to it already.

I look at my table clock and reads 5:30 PM. God, I haven't eaten anything yet.

I wonder if she had her lunch already. I was too focused on my work that I forgot time was passing. For the past three years I didn't care about anything or anyone but myself. I forgot that I'm back now and that I want to keep my promise.

I wonder if she is still with her boyfriend.

The kiss, I shouldn't have kissed her knowing about her status. I hate to label myself but I was just a third party so I hate doing something intimate with her in the past but I can't just help it. Even if it is against my values, I will still do it. Because it's her. It's Ina.

"Ms. Davis there's emergency" I glared at Love when she suddenly barged into the room.

She is my secretary and she has been since we started the construction.