Chapter 21

"What are you doing here?"-She manage to not break her voice but her voice was so cold it could freeze anyone who hears it

"I have an appointment with you Ms. Taylor. About the construction of the new Hotel and Restaurant of ZK Taylor Enterprise. I will be your Civil Engineer and Architect at the same time. And Oh, I am Xyden Davis."-Xyden offered a handshake but to hell with her.

She's done being soft with her, she can't just leave and comeback whenever she wants.

"I don't care, I'm out of here." She stood up and was about to leave but someone held her arm.

It was Xyden. "We haven't begin yet."

"You're late." She shoot her a cold gaze but the latter frowned. "And so you are, the staff told me you arrive '5 mins ago' and I was here 4:27 so you were probably here 4:22, so basically we're both late." She grinned and she hates it.

What does this girl want to do?

Like a professional, she sat on her chair awhile ago and so Xyden occupied the seat opposite to her.

They order drinks and cake and the rest of the time was about business and their plan on the new ZK Taylor Hotel. The Hotel will be located at one of the islands they own. The construction has started and she didn't know. Her father was the one managing the island so she had no idea. Now, he was all putting the responsibilities on her shoulder because her feeling young parents went to Maldives for their anniversary. God! Why are they so in love until their current age. Of course not that she wants her parents' to divorce. What is she even thinking.

They talk for more than an hour and it was all about business, she did not allow any statement that may lead to their personal life. She look outside and it's getting dark. The day is short these past few days, it's only 5:30 but the sun has set already.

"I'll be meeting you more often then Ina." She froze again and she didn't know for how long but she forced herself to stand up and exit the cafe without looking back at him.

"Wait!" I'll send you home.

"Thanks but I have a car. Bye" with that, she drove away from her and she did not even look at her side view mirror to check on her. She is so mad at her. How dare she call her Ina after leaving her?!

***

"So your Xyden is my Sam's cousin?"

I rolled my eyes even tho Paige is not able to see it.

I called her just after I reached my condo. I was so mad that I need to let it out and Paige happens to be my best friend.

"She was acting like nothing happened Paige! Like she didn't leave!"

Tell me I'm overacting but it's the truth!

"Oh I'm sure you've done that too before honey."