Chapter 30

MATURE CONTENT

It's 20 minutes before 6 pm, the start of the party and I'm still at the suite because someone decided to bother me again.

"It's cold and windy outside, why would you wear a dress. You're gorgeous with a dress on and you're gorgeous with everything you wear but it's cold outside." I rolled my eyes at her reason.

She's wearing a pantsuit and she's making me wear the same too.

"Wear something else or I'm not letting you walk out of this suite."

I look at her and she's not the one to drop it off. Not this at least.

"Why do you care. I can wear whatever I wanna wear, it's my freedom Xyden."

I'm wearing a black drees with deep V neck so it shows a cleavage and it's backless.

"Wear.something.else." Her look suddenly became serious and strict and it made me just want to give up and follow her orders.

So I did.

I changed into white pantsuit.

"Happy?" I ask holding a bag and her invitation in my hand

She nodded but still, she looks serious and isn't even smiling like she used to always.

"Here, you need that." I gave her and accepted it.

"I'll go first, I'm late. I'm supposed to be there before the guests, thanks to you." I rolled my eyes leaving her there.

I went to the elevator and it brought me down to the lobby.

The bar is just meters away so I just walk. I already can see some of the guests shaking hands with each other.

And there I see m mom and dad talking to others too smiling.

I was hoping I would be invisible to their eyes so I won't get to have a pep talk with their business partners but it was like I am apple of the eye of mom and dad.

"Katherine, come here." My mom summoned me so I obediently walk towards their direction.

"Mr. Velasquez this is Katherine our lovely daughter, Katherine, this is Mr. Velasquez, one of our biggest business partner." I use my work smile and shake his hands.

"Yeah I hears, my son talked to me about you." He said holding a wine already in his hand.

"Yeah I met him." I gave him a smile.