Valentine's Day; James

The alien was so wrapped around the mating rituals that he never really thought about the human version of it. He didn't meant it to be like that, it was just between being the leader-and so responsible for-all his people, a father to Theodore, and having a mate who rejected him he was obviously not thinking clearly.

She was so quiet, normally cringing away from him, trying to get away he couldn't ask her. Not to mention that she would refuse to speak to him. It wasn't until the small party sent out to gather food for everyone came back that he discovered something.

"Did you know the humans have been handing out hearts a lot?" Libby asked handing him the salmon she had caught while allowing her hatchling play in the river. She had grabbed it knowing how his mate was much weaker constitution then they did. Thank goodness for Elenore's job as Lore Keeper, she knew what it was these earthlings needed to survive. Everyone would happily bend over backwards to make sure she was okay.

Not only was her being someone-anyone's-mate would have them all do whatever they could to welcome her in, and since she was the mate to their leader which would make her their leader to once she could understand and accept it.

"Thank you. Take care." He thanked and flew over to the hallowed out trunk that was his home. Normally he didn't like having mates away from each other at all but if Mark had told her, and he knew it would be her mate that found her and their hatchling to make sure they were okay. He smiled when he saw her holding Theodore in her arms cooing to him gently.

He was glad that no matter how much she rejected him she still worried about and cooed over his son. Their son. And Theodore absolutely adored her, which to him was obvious. He couldn't help but smile seeing her acting so mothering. She was even grooming the hatchling's wings as she had seen him do.

James flew down to be with them and she looked up, her eyes widening in fear as she saw him and she scooted back a little bit even more against the wall but Theodore cooed and giggled happily, his daddy was back.

James smiled and waved to his son before setting to make the fire. Her eyes widened as she saw the fish. He took his time in the kitchen area to clean and debone the fish before going to cook it. He knew how the hearts these earthlings drew and would find some excess wood to carve it for her. She'd be happy with that surly.