Valentine's Day; Kohmus

Kohmus didn't much understand this idea of Valentine's day. He didn't know why it would happen. What real reason did they have to say one day to be loving? He didn't like the idea that everyone did it on the same day, not only would that cause needless crowds but it made it less special.

He was always a private person and luckily his love still was like when she was Nerfert. She hadn't even mentioned it once to me. I had seen it from the strange pictured box, the television. She didn't really watch it but normally would watch what she called documentaries. She told me how she loved history and loved to make recipes inspired by places and times.

It made me think of the first thing I had she had made, bread made with barley and flaxseed and spread some goat's cheese on top. It tasted delicious. There came a commercial saying about Valentine's day and when I asked her she explained it to me. She had said a lot of people got really into it but had explained she didn't much care about the holiday one way or another.

Still I wanted to give her everything someone from this time could give her. But I wouldn't try to push her to do something she didn't want to. But if I were to write down the recipes that the kitchen staff made for us, as well as the ones that were Nerfert's favorite childhood recipes and even the one or two things that her best friend Sofia had made for us to introduce us to Roman food.

If it could make her smile, I would be thankful for my photographic memory.