I Am

Thor: Ill do it. Im obviously the strongest Avenger.

Everyone bickers about who should make the snap, and just before I was about to raise my voice, Bruce speaks up.

Bruce: No. We all know it has to be me. You all heard what Thanos said. The snap almost killed him. Im the only one that can make the snap.

As much as I want to step up, and make my invincible presence known, I feel I need to give this to Bruce. He needs this. He needs to prove to himself, and seemingly Nat, that he is worth something to this team. So I let him. He slides the gloves onto his hand, and the power rushes through him, making him fall to his knee. He screams, making everyone concerned.

Thor: Take it off!

Rhodey: Bruce are you okay?!

Bruce: Im fine!

After a minute or two of painful screaming, he makes the snap. We all stand there, not having any clue if it worked. That is, until Clints phone starts buzzing right beside me. I look to see a photo of his wife. I cry silently as he runs to his device and answers.

Clint: Hello?

Scott: Uh... Guys? I think it worked!

Suddenly, there was nothing but a high pitched ringing. I soon wake up and cough from the dust around me. I look around to see the entire compound destroyed and in rubble. I dont see any of my friends or my husband around me.

Y/N: Hello?!

Comms seem to be down as I dont get any response. My suit surrounds me as I use it to fly out of the rubble and see a giant ship hovering over our land.

Y/N: Anyone there?

Soon Tony and Steve walks to my side, seeing Thanos sitting and waiting. Thor soon joins us.

Y/N: Anybody know where everyone else is?

Thor: No. But this is probably a trap.

Tony: Well lets find out.

We go and the boys all bicker back and forth with Thanos until I get tired of it and shoot at him. This causes everyone to get into their fighting stances and get at it. I flew at Thanos with my suit, just to be swatted painfully away, and hitting my head on a rock that made the world go dark. I wake up to see Peter and all of the other fallen fighting a large army. The snap must have worked. I look to Thanos about to snap himself, and I look to see Strange holding up a single finger. I immediately know whats about to happen. I see Tony lunge for the titan and almost in slow motion, I fly towards him. He grabs the stone off of Thanos and gets tossed away. I run into him while hes flying through the air and get the stones away from him without him noticing. Thanos doesnt know the stones are gone either.

Thanos: I am inevitable.

Snap

Nothing. Tony opens his hand to attatch the stones he thinks he has to his glove.

Tony: And I am Iron Man.

Snap. Nothing.

Tony: Wait what?

Y/N: I love you Tony. To much to let you do this.

The stones all attach to my glove, and make me fall to one knee. The power flows through me, and before anyone can do anything I snap. Willing the stones to ash Thanos and his entire army. The power burns my right arm and up all the way through my face. I scream in pain as the enemy starts dissapearing. I fall backwards and close my eyes tightly. My invincibility better work this time around.

Peter: Y/N? Hey, Y/N? We did it. We won. You... You did it Y/N.

I cant respond. The pain is to great. Tony pulls him away and kneels in front of me.

Tony: God dammit you are so stubborn. You should have let me do it.

Y/N: Tony...

Tony: Its okay, love. You can rest now. I love you.

Y/N: I love you.

Tears are streaming down his face. I close my eyes and let the darkness take me.

((A/N: I cant imagine a world without Iron Man. I dont want to accept his fate. I cant. So i did this. 🤷 Also, sorry for the shorter chapter. This book is continuing. Dont worry.))