Missing Him

You lay in bed for the fifth day of only getting up to go to the bathroom. You havent spoken to anyone since passing out in Wakanda. Steve comes in at least once a day to check on you, but you don't say anything. You feel like your heart was torn out of your chest. You hear a soft knock on the door.

Bruce: Y/N?

You dont even move as a response.

Bruce: I uh.. I made spaghetti for dinner... I just wanted to let you know. I know how much you liked it.

You hear the door shut softly and you sit up. As much as you wanted to continue never moving, you had to eat. Tony would kill you if he knew you hadnt eaten in days. You put on one of his favorite band shirts and some of his work out shorts and cinch them tightly so they dont fall down. You walk out to the kitchen slowly and feel all eyes land on you.

Steve: Well, Bruce, looks like your spaghetti did it. How are you, Y/N?

You just look at him and shrug. You literally couldnt find it in yourself to speak. Any time you tried you would bawl your eyes out. He nods in understanding.

Steve: I understand. Im glad to see you up and out of that room. Even if it means you are wearing Tonys clothing.

You grab the hem of the shirt that still smells of your fiancé and look down at it. A single tear falls to the ground. Bruce hands you a plate of food with a soft smile. You hug him as a thank you and walk down to Tonys lab to eat. You look around at all of the unfinished projects that were laying around.

Y/N: F... FRIDAY?

FRIDAY: Yes, Y/N?

Y/N: I miss him...

FRIDAY: I have to admit, Y/N... I do too.

You chew a small bite of spaghetti as you nod in response.

Y/N: FRIDAY... Show me the suits? His favorites...

Tonys favorite versions of his suits rise from the floor. Your old suit included in the group of six suits he has selected as his favorite. You walk over to it and inspect it closely. You notice some writing that you never noticed before.

For my one and only. I love you, always. -Tony

You fall to your knees and cry as Nat comes running in.

Nat: Y/N! Remember that beeper Fury had?

You just nod as you wipe your tear stained face.

Nat: The person that it was calling is here. Its a woman. Calls herself Carol Danvers.

You stand up and follow closely behind her to meet this new woman. You are greeted with a strong looking blonde woman. She smirks and holds out her hand.

Carol: Captain Carol Danvers. Nice to meet you.

You just nod in response. Nat explains for you.

Nat: She hasnt spoken since the day... She lost her Fiancé. Well we arent sure technically he may be lost in space...

You start crying again and Steve hugs you tightly. You wish you could find solace in your remaining family... But you cant. That monster Thanos stole your whole world from you and you dont even know what happened.

Carol: Space? I could go look for him.

Your eyes shoot to the woman.

Y/N: Y-you can?

Carol: Yeah. My powers allow me to travel through space fairly quickly.

Y/N: Could you take me with?

Carol: If I had a ship I could, but unfortunately, no. Sorry. What is his name?

Y/N: Tony Stark. He may be with some others too. Peter Parker, Stephen Strange, Drax, Mantis, Peter Quill, and Nebula. They were on the planet Titan.

Carol: Got it. I'll be back soon.

Y/N: Thank you.

She walks outside and flies up with her powers.

Please find him.

You feel a hand pat your shoulder and pull you to them.

Steve: She'll find him if hes out there.

You hear a loud voice come over the outdoor speakers.

FRIDAY: Y/N. Please come down to the lab.

You run down to the lab.

Y/N: FRIDAY? Whats going on?

FRIDAY: I just recieved a message. I believe it is from Tony.

Y/N: W- Uh- Okay. Play it. Please.

A loud white noise comes over the speakers until you hear a few knocks.

Tony: Is this thing on?

Its you. Dont worry baby. Shes coming to save you.

Tony: Hey Miss Y/L/N. If you find this recording, dont feel bad about this. Part of the journey is the end.

You start crying at how exhausted he sounds.

Dont you dare say goodbye.

Tony: Just for the record, being adrift in space with zero promise of rescue isnt as bad as it sounds. Food and water ran out... Four days ago. Oxygen will run out tomorrow morning... And that will be it. When I drift off I will dream about you... Its always you.

Stop it. Stop, rescue is coming.

Tony: God it seems like a thousand years ago. I fought my way out of that cave. Became Iron Man. Realized I loved you. I know I said no more surprises, but... I was really hoping to pull off one last one. I love you. Always.

The message cuts out.

Y/N: FRIDAY? Was that it?

FRIDAY: Yes.

Y/N: And you just received it?

FRIDAY: Yes, Y/N.

Y/N: Is there any possible way you could track it?

FRIDAY: Not from that far out, unfortunately. Im sorry.

You nod and run up to Steve.

Y/N: Steve. Tony just sent a message. Hes alive. Is there any way someone could use that beeper to tell Carol that its confirmed that he is alive? And hes no longer on Titan. They tried to fly back. Theyre out floating somewhere.

Steve: I can ask Natasha. She would kno-

You hear a loud plane type noise outside. You run out and see a ship. Carol stands beside it and Nebula walks out and looks around her new surroundings. A few more seconds pass until you see a slow and limping set of feet.

((A/N - Alright so obviously I have no clue if this is what happens, but it is the most plausible way for Tony Stark to return to Earth. Anyway, hope you enjoyed.))