Hold On

After everyone was back together I believed that everything was gonna be okay. We would be able to take some time off, maybe even Tony and I retire. I hilariously thought that the world would take the fight we won as a blessing. Boy was I wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in the compound with Tony and Morgan laying beside me. Morgan was cuddling Tonys arm as he snored softly. I smile at my little family and then immediately frown at the instant turn in my stomach. I run to the bathroom, shut the door and end up losing what I ate for dinner the day before. I lose balance and end up falling into the wall, wincing at the pain from my burns. It had been almost three months since, but recovery for the extent of injuries I had is long and brutal. Not even Doctor Cho could speed up the process. I throw up into the toilet again and lay my forehead on my arm once Ive finished heaving. My body is shivering and cold but sweating all at the same time.

Y/N: What the fuck...

I try to stand up to go back to bed, but my legs give out, causing me to fall into the wall once again but this time hitting my head on the towel rack, making the world slowly go dark. The last thing I see is Tony crouching to my side and seemingly saying things that I cant hear.

------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in the medical bay to see Tony talking to Bruce by the door.

Y/N: What the hell happened..?

They both look my way before walking to me.

Tony: Y/N. I was so worried. How are you feeling?

Y/N: Awful.

Bruce: You seem to have gotten an infection in some of your burns. I have some antibiotics running through your IV now.

Y/N: Thank you, Bruce.

He nods politely and walks out of the room.

Y/N: Morgan okay?

Tony: Yeah shes with Happy.

Y/N: How long was I out?

Tony: Just about a day.

Y/N: Jesus...

Tony: Some things happened while you were asleep.

Y/N: What happened?

Tony: A new terrorist group sent threats. Clint is currently looking into it, but we are on high alert. I sent Happy and Morgan to a safe house.

I nod.

Y/N: Good. Just in case. If anything happened to her I dont know what I'd do.

Tony: Agreed.

Y/N: How is everyone else?

Tony: Everyone is fine. Theyre all worried about you, though. Peter has visited three times, Steve twice, Bucky has visited a whopping five times. Id be jealous if I didnt know better.

Y/N: If I wanted Bucky all those years ago I wouldve went for him.

Tony: I know. Thats why im not worried.

He kisses me gently until we hear a loud bang a small distance away.

Y/N: Go. Get your suit.

I sit up in the bed and stand up slowly.

Tony: Whoa what are you doing?

Y/N: Im getting up to fight.