8: Bonus chapter

Zayn's POV

I smile at her text, Well if I can't go over, I'll just call her. I found myself calling her, after the first ring Alex answers her phone.

"Zaynnnn" she whines. Her voice sounding tired, but extremely cute.

I smirk "I know you're wide awake. So cut the bullshit." I say my voice sounding rugged from being tired as well.

Alex giggles "I can't sleep. Sing to me." I hear her roll over the bed. I can tell she is smiling.

"My voice sounds bad when I am sleepy, and I don't want to wake up my dad." I lie, he is downstairs, he won't hear a sound.

Alex clears her throat "So, my mom and dad are down the hall, and that I ain't stopping me..."

I smirk "Stopping you from what?"

"Are you going to sing to me or what?" I can hear it in her voice that she is grinning.

I let out a breath "What do you want me to sing. No Barbie girl crap." I say. I can't say no to Alex. Not to her.

Alex thinks for a while "Umm wonderwall. I love that song."

I smile, it's my favorite too, but she doesn't have to know that. So I give her what she wants and I sing into the phone
"Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now
Back beat, the word is on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody feels
The way I do about you now
And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I would
Like to say to you
But I don't know how
Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall"

I take a deep breath and I let it out. Waiting for Alex to say something. I wasn't going to sing the whole thing to her. Is that what she wanted?

Her breathing is slow "that was beautiful. You have an amazing voice."

I laugh "No. It sounded like crap. I bet you have a better voice."

Alex laughs "when I sing, it sounds like a dog dying."

We both laugh. I look at the ceiling in the pitch black. I wonder what she is thinking.

"Alex?" I whisper

"Hmm"

"Do you ever think about how everything in the world came to be?" I ask

Alex sighs "well God, created the earth, and life."

I half smile "lets just say God doesn't exist. It's all just a story."

"Then, it was a good story. Had me fooled."

"I'm serious Alex." I turn over on my stomach.

"So am I. But I mean so many things would be unknown if god didn't exist. If god wasn't real then we would have never met?"

"Stop with the Sunday school lesson." I say smiling. Alex just laughs.

Then there is silence. It consumes me and I am falling asleep. Until I hear Alex giggle.

I have my eyes closed. And the my phone is on the pillow next to my head. It's so quiet that I don't need to put her on speaker.

"What's so funny?" I ask tiredly

"You were starting to snore, and it was soft. It wasn't loud like my dads'. Alex says giggling.

I smile "Talk to me till I fall asleep. Tell me bedtime story. Anything? I haven't got any of good rest since I met you."

Alex laughs "You are so cheesy. It's actually kind of cute."

I laugh "Cute? Naah, I don't do cute."

Alex laughs "the way you smile, and bite your tongue is cute. You don't even notice that you do it."

I stay silent. And I think about it. Shit I was always do. I grin at the fact that Alex notices.

I clear my throat and sit up "it's cute when you become a blushing mess in front of me."

Alex gaps "I do not. You are lying."

I lay back down "I never do this."

"Do what?" Her voice is shaky, almost sounding nervous.

I can't trust my own voice, I stay silent looking at the ceiling.

"Zayn," her voice so calm "do what?"

"This, what we are doing." I say

She laughs "What? Talking on the phone?"

I laugh at how stupid I sound, and for once in my life, I want somebody to call mine. To love and tell my darkest secrets to.

"Yeah. So what are you doing?" I ask

"Umm laying in bed on the phone with you and looking for animal shelters nearby."

Animal shelters? This late? I furrow my eyebrows together "Why?"

"Umm my dad finally agreed to letting me get a pet. At first he wanted me to get a fish, but my mom told him no, because the house would stink."

I nod my head, and get under the covers.

"So, do you know any places Zayn?" She asks, and I am starting to doze off. My eyes becoming weak, and I can't find the strength to keep them open.

"Hello Zayn?" She asks softly, as a whisper.

I open my eyes just a little bit "Alex... Please say yes."

I hear her giggle "Oh Zayn, how about that story?"

I smile, and then I close my eyes, as she starts talking about a lamb. My mind is getting dark, and her voice sounds more distant than ever. Then I am gone.

~

Enjoy :)