I'm getting slightly annoyed

I am getting slightly annoyed.Here's why. Next year I am going into highschool. (Yeah I know I am so young, oh well). But, because of that my dad and my step mom (I live with them) they use that as a excuse. Like something like this "Oh you will start doing your laundry because you are going into highschool. ." "And you shouldn't act like that because you are going into highschool.. " And blah blah blah! Just because I am going into highschool, that doesn't qualify you to use excuses when you tell me almost every single time I use an excuse that I am not allowed to use excuses. You see what the problem is here?  The problem is that if you are in power and you are telling someone not to do something and then you do that thing you tell the person not to do, that's not right, and that's not how society should work at all. In my mind, if you tell someone to not do something like "use excuses" then you go and use excuses yourself, you are not being true to your word. Because if they are not allowed to do something because someone tells you not to, then you go do that thing, you are going to make that person feel powerless and stupid really, and really mad/annoyed over time.