Corona Virus Entry for August 4, 2020

(This entry was written today August 4, 2020).

I got a new schedule for work last weekend. Tuesday: 4pm-7:15pm. Wednesday: 3:30pm-7:15pm. Thursday: 3:30pm-7:15pm. I know that it will always change, but for now that's my work schedule. Because of this new schedule,  I went to work today at 4pm. I clocked in today for the first time. But, three interesting things happened today at work. Number one: I got tip money for the first time today. Three whole dollars. We had this guy come in, (he was old, but I couldn't  really tell what age he was). Anywho, he comes in talking about how he wanted his pizza to be pretty spicy, because he loved spicy food. I make him his pizza, and as I hand him his pizza, he talked about how at like gatherings he has to make two separate pots of chili. His spicy kind, and the normal kind. He stated that his spicy chili is so hot, that it burned your nose when you smelled it. And I told him: "Yeah, I could probably not handle that. I can't even handle jalapenos." Then he stated that a few years ago in India, kids would dare each other to eat one of the hottest peppers that grew in India. He stated that when these kids ate this pepper (I forgot what it was) they had to be sent to the hospital. Anyways, I'm pretty sure he was the one that tipped us, and if it was him, thank you so much. Number two: Halfway into my shift today, I got lightheaded from wearing my mask which I didn't know could happen. At our store, you have to wear a mask in the front of the store while serving the customers face-to-face, but in the back of the store you can lower your mask to your chin. I had to go into the back when I got lightheaded, to breathe as I took out some trash and did inventory. Number three: So, I found out the girl's name that took me home. Her name is Rebecca. Anyways, Rebecca was going to take me to Wendy's today, (after our shifts) but then she realized that she promised her dad that she would get off early. We were going to see if Chris was working today. She said, (from my description of him) that she had seen him working the drive through and working the cash register. Tomorrow, our plan is to go to Wendy's after work and see if the guy she is talking about is him.