twenty

they continued to talk as they walked to school, both finishing their drinks on the way. talking about common subjects, laughing at each other's jokes.

as they were walking, mingyu was talking mid-sentence, when wonwoo heard a small muffled purr. it was faint but wonwoo still heard it. he walked a bit slower to see where it was coming from. another purr was heard, a bit louder now too. he followed the sounds until they were more prominent, leading him to a small pile of trash.

he was hesitant to touch the junk at first but when he saw a small paw from underneath a can, he dug in and felt some sort of... animal? he rummaged round some more and got a hold of a small, lean figure in his hands.

mingyu only realised after a few seconds that wonwoo wasn't beside him anymore, he turned around and saw wonwoo knelt down, holding a stray kitten. wonwoo smiled at the cute animal, placing it down from the frightening height.

mingyu knelt down beside wonwoo who was already stroking the top of the kitten's head, making small purring sounds. "what're you gonna name him?" mingyu asked.

"mmm— maybe morgana?" wonwoo replied, scratching underneath the cat's chin (if they even call it a chin, not sure.)

"you can't just name it after the cat in persona five! be more original."

"what else could i call it? i'm not good at naming things."

"what about mr. sniffles. because you know, you can name it after one of your hobbies."

"since when was sniffing stuff one of my hobbies?" wonwoo questioned, not sure at what mingyu was getting at.

"don't you like, sniff books when your bored?" mingyu joked. a shocked look appeared on wonwoo's face, almost as if mingyu just accused him of murder.

"yah! i don't sniff books, i just read them!" wonwoo exclaimed.

"well you technically sniff the knowledge out of the books, so it could still count as you sniffing them." mingyu tried so hard to not let his laughter out, not wanting to anger wonwoo even more.

"reading and sniffing have nothing to do with each other!" the calico kitten just stared up at the two bickering teenagers with an innocent look, not knowing what the hell was going on. it purred a small 'meow' which caught the attention of mingyu and wonwoo.

mingyu picked up the baby animal in his arms and said, "what about naming him taiyo?"

"what does that mean?"

"it means sun in japanese." (again i'm not sure if that's right, blame google translate if it's wrong)

"why would i name it sun?" wonwoo asked, confused again.

"because cats seem like they brighten up your day, wonwoo." mingyu smiled, passing the kitten into wonwoo's arms.

"it's a cute name."

"maybe i should nickname you taiyo too, since you always brighten up my day." mingyu smirked.

"you smooth motherfucker." wonwoo laughed, making his nose scrunch up a little. what mingyu said was true. even wonwoo's laugh right now brightened mingyu's day a little bit more.

wonwoo unzipped his bag, taking out a bag of cat treats. he shook a few out of the packet and laid his hand down in front of taiyo. the patterned kitten lowered his head towards wonwoo's palm, sniffing the food presented to him.

"since when did you carry around cat food in your bag? are you mary poppins or something?"

"you don't get to question me. i just... do." wonwoo became quieter on the last few words, and continued to feed taiyo. once he finished all the food, wonwoo stood up. "wanna go?"

mingyu nodded in response and they walked the rest of the way to school.

taiyo watched as the two walked away, titling his head, and licking his paw.

——————————————————

me still trying to make this cute and funny lol. i'm one of the most unfunny person on this planet